Friday, March 18, 2005

Culture Shock?

Nah, it's more like Unsavoury Character Shock! [If there's ever such a name though.]

Wow.. I'm in a slow mind-numbing type of shock. Nah...! It wasn't culture shock, which really blows you away... It was character shock!!-- It's a new kind of shock I've observed..

Let me explain.

Since coming to college--pls take note that I'm from a rather strict high school--although I won't reveal to you which--I have been a tad apprehensive about the attitude and character of some of the people who also go to my college.

I thought I have seen it all... but apparently I was wrong. At my young age--okla, not very old--I still have much to learn about the ways of the world. I guess I'm still learning.. Well, life is a learning process, rite? I guess this learning to know what type people to trust is going to come in handy when I'm let out into the wide wide world.. Tis a scary thought?

I get kinda of disillusioned with the world when I think of the enormous evils that have ravaged humanity for such a long time. I think: Is it possible that are there good people left or am I the only one? It isn't so far-fetched either.. I'm not praising myself or anything but I think that some ppl really need to sit down and think about their principles in life. They prefer to live the hedonistic lifestyle...but for me, it's a no no. I don't want to waste my life by throwing it down the drain. :(

Let's juz say I don't really think much of their attitudes.. They really need an attitude-adjustment program (Is there such a thing? Maybe I should be a pioneer and start it. lol.) or something...and fast!! Their parents also need a crash course in moulding their children's character.. Hmmm!

Anyway, I guess I will juz have to be more careful about what I do or say in case I happen to be so unfortunate to evoke their wrath!! Haha... Moderation is the key!! Ciao for now!

No comments: