Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Going Through The Motions

I haven't blogged properly for the past few days. Suffice to say, it was a mixture of busy-ness interspered with procastination. Nothing new, eh?

Anyway, this is my last week of Neonates. All I can say is - finally! Phiew. The loooooong ward rounds are giving me severe backache. Yes, at this young age!! Oh wait, I used to have them last time due to lousy lecture hall chairs in uni. Sheesh.

Neonates isn't too bad I guess, just that there is minimal patient interaction, the babies are generally too sick! So yeah. I much rather have active pts that I can interact with.

The days seemed to be flying past though, every morning I feel I am just going through the motions - then suddenly it's night time and I'm ready to sleep, to wake up the next day to repeat the cycle.

Anyhow, after this it will be 3 weeks of Community Paediatrics, before MID-YEAR BREAK! Woohoo! Can't wait for it... hehe. Would be good to get a break from the mundane routine. I will be going to visit Yannie and Funnie in Brisbane for 10 days!! Can't wait! :D

Hmm, what else is new in my boring life?

Well, I have another presentation coming up on thursday. It's on Aboriginal Issues in Child Health. Not the easiest topic I must say, especially for someone like myself who just arrived in Aussie not too long ago. Hope all goes well - but I suspect there will be a lot of unproductive criticism from certain ppl. But let's not go there. I'm sure I'm tough enough to handle something small like that. Upping the EQ, remember? Take that!

I guess that's all for now. Something that I'd noticed is that recently, my blog is getting quite a few visits from ppl that I do not know. Did someone pimp me or something? Where did you guys got to know my blog from? Please do let me know!

Reading a medical student's blog? It's too bad that you guys don't get to hear the actual stories of pts I encountered in the hospital. They would make for good content. There are horror stories, touching stories, interesting stories, funny stories. But alas, due to confidentiality reasons, I don't think I should/am allowed to share them here. Sorry, I dont want to be kicked out of med school! I had worked hard for it!!

But since you guys are still here, I guess you all are happy to hear about a medical student's rants about crazy workloads or her aimless rambles. All I can say is - enjoy! :P

Okay, till the next post, ciao.

No comments: