Friday, May 13, 2005

Boredomness is the Mother of Writing?

Hmmm... Kinda dunno what to write rite now... coz my fren lydia kinda 'force' me to online (not that I don't enjoy it...lol.) but I really prefer going down into the music room below to jam it out wif my new love a.k.a. the DRUM SET!! Anyway, nothing's interesting going on in my life right now except that I'm really bored.. Is that even remotely interesting? Guess not... Haha.

*Looking around and casting my eyes around for a topic*

Yes! Finally got a topic oredi: Yesterday, I juz went for my MUET speaking exam..

Let me tell you, it was a disaster!! Yikes!! The topic my batch got (the 11pm batch, lucky me, got to wake up late...haha) was--->Young ppl today have a lot of stress and tension in their lives. Suggest the best way to help them relieve this stress. (This is not the exact version of the question but juz the gist that I remember.. Hehe.)

The way given to me was 'talking to frenz' which was one of the best ways!! Yes!! But somehow I managed to mess it up by talking wayyyy too fast... I really mean it when I said I talked too fast!!! OMG!! We're given 2 minutes for the individual speech and I managed to finish mine in like 1 minute... and one of da invigilators (she was pretty kind actually) even said and I quote: "Candidate A (that's me!), you still have one more minute to go, so pls continue... Slow down... Don't go so fast..."

Yikes! Talk about embarassing... I was going as fast as a bullet train that I'm afraid that they won't understand what I was saying juz now... Damn! I really hope they won't penalize me for that... at least linhui-- she's Candidate B'-- said that she could understand what I was babbling abt... Thk God!!

Then after all the others have spoken, it was time for our dicussion which was supposed to last for 10 minutes.. I think we all did pretty well (though linhui disagrees.. Why??) coz we're cracking jokes and the friendly invigilator was laughing with us too (mind you.. it's with us, not at us...)

So, let's juz say that the atmosphere was pretty terrific for a formal discussion that was supposed to be some sort of test.. Haha. Anyway, I think I did pretty well for the discussion--let's hope that I get some brownie points to cover up my lousy speech... *Prays although I'm agnostic*

Btw, after the 10 minutes thingy, which I think we used up only 8+ minutes, we're supposed to agree on one... and... they agreed to mine due to my wonderful argueing skills that I gained from debating.. Juz kiddin. It's pretty obvious that that way was the best one...lol.

Right, I forgot to mention what the other ways were so how are you suppose to judge? This is the way how teenagers "supposedly" handle stress/tension:

Candidate A---> Talking to frenz (Yea, that's me!)
Candidate B---> Exercising regularly (Huh? Did I hear that right?)
Candidate C---> Doing social work (No comment)
Candidate D---> Watching TV (Cough potato! Woo~)

Duh...right? Of coz the best way is the first, rite? And I think the last one was the worst! And poor candidate D got spattered by the three of us juz at the start of the discussion.. Haha...poor guy...

Well, let's juz cross our fingers together that I get at least a Band 4 for my MUET exam which by the way stands for Malaysian University English Test for those not in the know... Coz I'm going to need at least that to get into the uni of my choice...

May The Force Be With ME!!

Oh, yeah, Star Wars is coming out next week too... Looking forward to it... *Cross fingers*

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

No, i din 'force' u to come on9 with me ar... u can alwiz go do watever u like the best merr.... go beat the drums or watever la.. cuz sumtimes i dun feel like going to the music room or mayb another day i dun wanna go on9 ( i wanted to do smth with my blog yesday ).. then other times i may just wanna sleep in the library. so it's alright if u wanna go to the music room.. i wun mind..

Zzzyun said...

aiyoyo...i din really mean like u 'force' me la...see da inverted commas...?? juz say nia lo...hehe..=P