Sunday, May 22, 2005

Parent's Day Is So..

scary...! My anxiety levels were totally rising! Juz kidding..

I was pretty cool with it since i'm a good student--academic wise and behaviour wise (Well, at least, that's what I THINK!! Hope & hope... *Cross fingers*)

Btw, did I mention it was totally a long wait.. I came at around 8:15am coz it's suppose to start around 8am to 12pm... but leela asked us to come earlier so there I was... Forced out of bed by my dad... Feeling really sleepy but what to do?? Zzz... And I think it was because Leela specifically asked us all to come earlier that when I reached there wif my dad, there were oredi clusters of ppl oredi. Damn. So we waited and waited.. kinda like getting your passport eh..or IC la..

Anyway, I saw that poor Mr.Ranjit's table wasn't popular so pulled my dad over to talk to him... Imagine what my dad said to him! He asked Ranjit whether he was the author of a book abt Malaysian Gov [Dad! He's teaching Eng! Not History or whatever.] written by another Mr.Ranjit Singh Maldhi.. which is definitely not the one sitting rite in front of me..lol.

Well, they were laughing a lot la.. whatever.. Anyway, ranjit didn't have anything much to say about me *coz I'm such an angel.. Haha* except I'm doing well in ENG!! Yay!! It's totally my fav subject coz i dun really need to study for it... You know what I mean. Juz compare it with my other sciences... Damn lot of work...!!

Then, I waited in line for 1 of 2 lecturers... either I get leela or Dr.Ooi {bio} 1st.. and.. I got Dr.ooi.. and he was kinda blur blur. When my dad asked whether the UAI was based on region or international~~ which he could fully ask me anyway...Since I know~~Dr.Ooi said region! And I rmb that it wasn't so... In the end, he asked leela...which she said, INTERNATIONAL of coz! Duh!! Whatever! Dr.Ooi oso nothing much 2 say..except good things!! *Winks*

Then, I decided that i should wait in line to see Mr.Leong {phy} coz there were not so many ppl waiting at dat time... and horrors of horrors!! When it was time, my dad told Mr.leong that I do not read enuf of the newspapers (I REALLY DO READ EH!!) and leong also said that he had to cut out newspapers cuutings for his daughter and that his wife only reads the entertainment page!

Man! They were really hitting it off! Fathers!! lol.. Whatever...! So, there I was 'grinding my teeth', trying not to laugh coz I was thinking of leong cutting out newspapers for his daughter! Eh! Those of you who know him & reading this blog, do you find this hilarious?! And I was also imagining him berating his wife for only reading entertainment news!! HAHA!! :D But at least leong didn't say any bad things abt me *Well, he was kinda in a pretty good mood that day, smiling all over his face.. Maybe he was anticipating what to tell the parents of the naughty students??* Well, it does not concern moi eh..

Wait! I almost forgot! He said something that I think is funny. He told my dad that I have 'a good group of frenz'... & I tried to be conversational and all so I pretended that I didn't know who he was talking abt...

And went: 'Oh! You're talking about yuki they all?

And he said (I think la, can't really rmb)---> 'Who else? You're alwiz with them, right?'

So I replied: 'Yeah. Sir, you're very observant..'

Anyway, leong then said: 'That's my job. So, here I'm to report to your parents...' -_-

After a few minutes of trying not to laugh, it was finally over! Then I wondered whether to wait in line for leela or UPO [university placement office] Decided 2 spilt up with my dad... Each wait for one... How's that for strategy?? Hehe...

Anyway, we're lucky that we got leela {chem} 1st after a terrible long wait which I spent gossiping with my frenz about what the lecturers said lo... Some of the comments made were pretty funny but it'd be politically incorrect to repeat them here.. Hehe...so relax my frenz... Your secrets are safe wif me...! Aikz.

Well, leela had nothing but nice things to say abt me! :D She said I was ---> Excellent, a good girl, responsible (Huh?! Is this for real?) and dunno some more what... Can't rmb so many adjectives.. :P [Well, ppl never praised me to my face like that before ah..]

Anyway, she asked my dad not to worry abt me.. Let's hope that keeps my dad happy! I think i got off lucky since she was rather "straightforward" about other ppl to their parents.. I swear she told a mother that her son/daughter {which was not present} that he/she was very lazy a couple of times... Talk about being matter-of-fact! Go figure!

Pheww. Finally got that out of my system liao! Anyway, then my father decided that he wanted to talk to UPO... So we sat in line... AGAIN. Argghh.. Whatever. And when simone looked at my result (which I think is quite okay) she said: 'This is good but not good enuf... If you're looking to take up medicine...in australia...' which I then protested inwardly that I was not going to a uni in Aus... So there! Anyway, due to this, I got a relatively mild lecture from my dad on the way home in da car.. I think its becoz the other lecturers painted such a flaming good picture of me that he did not lecture me so badly... Thk God!

After that episode, my dad said it was time to go! But I asked him what abt my maths lecturer, Mr Goh? *He might have bad things to say abt me leh... Nah, I din really say that! lol.* Dad said he's lazy to wait liao... and actually I juz really wanna hang out with frenz, not hear my lecturer ramble abt me... So i said bye! to frenz and that was that!!

Really an unusual day I guess! Hakuna matata! NO WORRIES! :P

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow.. mr.leong actually cuts out news for his daughter?!... grr.. how come my dad never does dat..

Anonymous said...

haha...my dad does dat 4 me 2 if he finds sumthing rather related 2 my future career...envious? hehe...=P