Monday, May 09, 2005

The Return of Me..! Self Discovery Workshop..

Ooo.. Haven't posted in a few days due to a much regretted computer malfunctioning.. Something wrong about my security settings that prevented me from accessing most websites especially any website that needed me to sign in!!!

The repairman said that my pc kena spyware leh...!! I have to reformat my whole pc...leading to the immense loss of data...like... my emoticons... I hav been collecting a lot liao leh... Arggh.. and that tore me away from my blog for so many days!! Well, to be honest, there is nothing faintly interesting for me to write except that to my despair, college life has resumed its usual path.. Haha.. Juz kidding..

I was pretty much dying of boredom anyway and couldn't wait for the new semester to star.. Secretly, part of me still IS in holiday mood.. lol.. Well, that's me… During the holidays, I want the semester to start.. When the semester do starts, I desperately want the holidays back so I can relax!!! Actually, many ppl are also like that coz when I mentioned it to them, they totally agree with me.

Well, there's nothing much to say that except that I attended a MBTI or (was it MBIT?) workshop this saturday... and it was pretty cool and fun compared to the last one I attended where ppl were supposed to learn how to use their brain which I oredi know pretty well, thank you very much... lol. Anyway, this workshop was pretty useful as I 'got to know myself a little better'...

Ok, guess what I got for my personality test?? *Drum roll pls* I'm a ENTP...that stands for Extraversion, iNtution, Thinking, Perceiving.. I'm kinda lazy to explain everything so I will juz plagairize this part from my fren, lydia's blog... so, let's take off!! (Thks, lydia..)

This workshop was called the 'self-discovery' workshop. We filled in a questionaire called the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) *This questionaire is copyrighted & usually costs ard RM40 to it, the coll let us do it for free!* and then from there we get our 'reported MBTI type'. Then the trainers explained the letters & their meaning & then we self-estimated our own type.

Then we compared both the types according to a table which lists out our abilities & all tat (seen above). Then we chose one that suits us most. That is our 'best estimate MRTI type'. There are the E (extroversion) v.s. the I (introversion). Extroverts are the ppl who ..uh.. talk alot. And Introverts are the ppl who dun talk so much. Hehe... E's are ppl who tend to talk a lot in discussions n I's are those who tend to keep their thoughts to themselves & speak up only when necessary. I estimated myself to be a slight I (well, let's juz say I was confused...linhui must be laughing coz she knows I talk too much!!). Blek.

There are the S (sensing) v.s. the N (iNtuition). Sensing are ppl who take in information more by their five senses. intuition ppl take in more by... intuition. :P So the eg. given to us of a sensing person is one who will bake a cake that is proclaimed delicious by everyone & then the next time he bakes a cake, he will try to produce a same kind of cake as the first one.

The intuition ppl pula, will still wan to bake a cake tat is different from the first one bcuz he just feels like experimenting with it. The S are also ppl tat are more realistic & take a down-to-earth approach whereas N are ppl that like to fantasize more. I estimated myself to be a moderate I.

Anyway, there are also the T (thinking) v.s. the F (feeling). T are ppl who do things more according to logic & experience whereas F are ppl who do things more according to their feelings. F are ppl who take more care abt others feelings. T are ppl who prefer justice & fairness. Eg. given was T is one who feels more able to reprimand a teammate or fire a worker if he wasn't doing a good job. F are ppl who feel difficulty in doing tat 7 would rather to find another way around it even though it costs them. I estimated myself to be a T. But sometimes I think that I could act like a F person too... It depends on the situation, I guess...

Last pair: J (judging) v.s. P (perceiving). J are ppl who are organised, like to plan ahead, dun like too many changes in plans, & feel stressed out by last min stuff. P are ppl who are more flexible, spontaneous, takes things casually, more adaptable to changes & tend to do things at last min. I estimated myself to be a J due to sum ppl's comments that I alwiz try to get work done early... but... I came out as a P... Go figure. lol...

My reported mbti type : ENTP

My MBTI type self-estimate: INTJ

My best estimate MBTI type: ?NT?

All these types are supposed to be the natural self of us, not the 'study self' , nor the 'working self' nor the 'under-stress self'. :P So dun associate studying with your natural self unless you find studying a pleasureable thing to do. Really!! And usually there is no middle path oso. {I'd really prefer to walk the middle path anyway... I thought moderation is the key?}

Either you are an E or an I. The trainer told us we all had a prefered side to us, like sum of us prefer using our right hand or sum prefer the left hand. If we are able to use both hands equally well, our brain would face a dilemma each time we wan to pick up sumthing as it wun be able to decide which hand to use everytime. haha. so there would be sum hesitation b4 actually picking up sumting & therefore it doesn't work tat way.

You would only prefer one hand better. it is the same for all these types. You either are born an E or an I. Yyour preferred type can change. But tat is alwiz due to environmental factors.

Anyway, we did sum activities in groups for each of the types & saw tat each type really had its own personality. Opposing types really had totally different ways of coping in the same situation!.. It was funny & hilarious in certain situations. The workshop made us see more clearly why diff ppl react in diff ways & why we get along better with certain ppl than others. The moral of it is tat we should learn to accept each others differences & learn to get along with everyone. Yay!!

Ok. This part is from lydia's blog albeit with a few changes from moi... Anyway, I think that's all for now... Going to be a very long post lo.. If i continue.. Don't want your eyes to pop out..lol. :P

PS:- Hey, guys! PLS visit my new blog thru the link on my right hand corner of this blog that says--> My Alter Ego!! It's going to be one hella of a ride so enjoy it!! :D

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ok ok, i'm posting, i'm posting!!..
neway, ur welcome.. at least u've acknowledged me in ur post. haha.

Zzzyun said...

of coz, of coz, i wouldn't dare to plagiarize ur post and still not acknowledged it lo...scary...hehe...juz kiddin...=P