Friday, April 01, 2005

Poem ---> Ice Queen?

People say I'm proud
cold and haughty.
They even call me their resident Ice Queen!
But they don't really know me.
The real me ain't what it seems
on the hard shiny surface.

I live for the warm sun
in bright colourful summer.
I love laughing, smiling
and telling jokes off my head.
But I can't do that
every single moment of the day.

They would no sonner
send me to the local asylum
and put me into a straitjacket.
Even so, I feel cooped up.
Unfree.
Unable to unleash my true self.
Please don't punish me
for not wearing my heart on my sleeve.

People once mocked me by saying,
If looks could kill,
I would be serving time in jail.
Yeah, as a first degree murderess.
Now, that's what I call harsh.

Give me the benefit of doubt.
Give me a chance to free myself.
Maybe it's time
to stop hiding
and really start living.
We only got one life
to make it worth our while.

So, start smiling.
Be positive and stop worrying.
Dark winter would be chased away
by mighty warm summer.
Even for an Ice Queen,
Hope springs eternal.


"Deep in thought"
That's me. The Ice Queen.
Yeah, right! Gimme a break...
Posted by Hello

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

not bad ehhh..... wow.. i really must learn to write poetry d.. how come everyone around me turning into poets?! =D