Monday, March 13, 2006

Getting On With The Ragging

Yikes, time to talk about the ragging!

*Rubs hands while thinking abt what to do to the next batch of juniors. :P* Haha. I got that evil look in my eyes.

But nvm me.

Throughout the whole orientation week, we're required to do a Signature Hunt, which basically means, to get certain seniors' signature, we had to do all sorts of stuff for them. Which also means, if they're evil, we're dead. Well, the seniors here aren't that evil, yet, but they sure are a mad bunch. Never imagined med students to be like that leh. :P Good thing I'm also only 50 % sane. lol.

For convenience purposes, I'll just draw up a list. [I know, I know, I posted some of this up in my coll site, but hey, I like to retell what happened to me, ok? Haha.]

  1. Had to poledance around a guy. (Dunno why this keeps sticking in my mind :P) That was so damn kekok, man! Coz the guy was our O.O leh. And I'm SO unexperienced. lol. Hamsap seniors, what to do. Blek.

  2. The girls had to 'seduce' a (hamsap) guy senior to get his signature. Some twirled his tie, some touched his face + neck... One used a scarf she was wearing as props. One even tried to sit on his lap!! Ha. I did a mini-dance, singing PussycatDolls's Don't Cha lo. Damn funny, coz I was laughing and singing at the same time leh. Hey, I'm not used to doing such stuff la!!! And later he wanted me to give him a lovebite! EWW!! I just pretended to give him one on the ear la. Yucks. Come to think of it, I shld have just bite his arm till it bleed. Muahaha!

  3. And there's this thing where (desperate) guy seniors will take a girl they like for Viva. The original meaning of Viva is like when the Dean and other personnel question you when you get borderline marks. If you answer well, you pass lo. No need to resit. [They're abolishing this system leh, I think. T_T Oh ya, I shld aim for better than pass rite?]

  4. Anyway, now there's the twisted version lo. It's just a chance for (desperate/hamsap) seniors to hit on juniors girls la. Apparently, there are 2 versions. One is intense ragging (I dunno what it is comprised of and I dun wanna know) while the other one can just be renamed as Hitting On la, imho. Thank god there's an unwritten rule that only 1 (normally girl) person from each orientation group can be chosen. Or else I sure kena ade. My O.Os told me that TWO seniors wanted to Viva me leh!! *Shocked Look* :O But since they've already chosen another girl b4 noticing me, they had to let me go! Yayz and thank God. I didn't know I had that sort of potential to attract such [unwanted] attention, ahem ahem. Pretend you didn't read that. Haha.

  5. The Caterpillar Crawl. Wah, damn hard la. Everyone sits in a line and the person at the back hooks his/her legs at the person in front. Then start moving like a caterpillar wherever the senior wants la. Kinda diff to describe. Just know that it is kinda diff to do, and doing too many times on rough surfaces will results in bleeding on the butt. Or so I heard. We did that once or twice I think. Arggh.

  6. Oh ya, two guys from our group were asked to poledance around another guy in the cafeteria!! Serious! Everyone was watching leh. One of them was our O.O and boy, was he good! :P Haha. He really can shake leh. Wow.

  7. The HaHa game, which is not funny, if you had to do it like 4/5 times. Everyone lie on the floor, with ur head on someone's abdomen and someone's head on ur abdomen. Get the picture? 1st person say Ha, 2nd say HaHa and on and on. If someone really laughs (coz it can get quite funny sometimes), then we had to redo. Arggh, and a girl in our group kept on laughing and we had to keep on redoing it. Ish. But this game is still ok, I guess.

  8. Do (thank god, not nude) squats while apologizing in front of everyone. Eg. Sorry XX koko, I couldn't shoot the bloody bunny (It's a game, the bunny thingy.) Actually, it was kinda funny and we started laughing after it. :D Did I say I was sporting? :P

  9. Shout really REALLY vulgar cheers. I just posted my group's cheer in one of my previous posts. Go check it out. All the other groups' cheers are as, if not more, vulgar, man! I think I really learnt how to swear after coming here! Omg. What a skill. After a week of intense cheering, almost everyone lost their voices. Including moi. We had to do cheer fights between groups too. Many got sick. Including moi. Haven't really recovered yet. Sigh.

  10. Run dunno how many kilometres (I'm not athletic!!) to go around 14 stations to get ragged during Treasure Hunt. May elaborate on that in a separate post. So wayyy out of breath leh. I think I'll need to get fitter la. Seriously.

  11. Doing "Helicopter". Which basically mean spinning around for a certain number of times the seniors asks you to do, with your finger pointed downwards and your head looking down too. This can really make ppl really pening one leh. Most can't stand straight after doing it. Summore, we had to do stuff like find someone right after the spinning. Which is so diff coz the ground is spinning around you leh. :( Attempt this at home, if you like. :P I'll not be responsible for any injuries though.

  12. Lie down in the field in the really HOT afternoon sun while seniors put gross stuff on us. Eg. rotten eggs, flour, butter etc. They say it was to teach us about the dangers of skin cancers. Yeah, thanks a lot. This was for Telematch. More later.

  13. This is quite popular. Seniors want us to make up a song with their names in it. My suggestion of Can't Keep My Eyes Off You became quite popular [Yayz!], so much so that other groups started using it too leh. Hmm. Oh, our O.Os cut a (good) deal for us and we had to sing FIVE songs for the whole sem 3s lo. There was a song called Hear Me Moo which is so funny! The rest are self-modified songs abt 4 pretty girls la. lol. Well, the sem 3s didn't seem very appreciative but the ppl in charge of giving us the signatures did apologize on their behalf la... But still. Sigh, spirit broken. :(

  14. Dress up as weird characters everyday to uni. I did Elvis Presley (God, I SO hate him now), Kim Possible, Pontianak (I looked wayy scary), Gymnast and in Pyjamas. :( Wth. Talk abt good first impressions. For more, read previous post.

  15. 'Swim' in the puddles on the tar road (I got all scratched up) and spin on my butt in the mud, which is actually a mixture of water and sand. I got more scratched up. :( Part of Treasure Hunt so I will explain more in a later post.

  16. Carry seniors around in chairs while shouting 'XX is the best, better than my ass.' I seriously doubt that. :P I heard from seniors that if a senior really likes you, he may ask you to shout "I love XX" very loudly leh in front of everyone in the main hall. :O Talk about embarassing. Thank god nothing of that sort this time, or not that I saw.

  17. Was bombarded by REALLY stinky bombs that were thrown from a few floors high up, and it really REALLY hurts. Got hit many times on the head, back, side of face and even neck!! Argh, dunno why they keep aiming at my group! Ish. A few ppl vomitted, I heard but thank god, not me. The actual icky ingredients used will be unveiled in my blog later since this is part of Icebreakers.

I guess that's all for now. I'm really tired. Just finish reading thru my mountainous pile of mail where my coll frenz are detailing their experiences at wherever. I also just posted smtg up at there, telling them about my orientation experiences. Haha. No one seems to be replying though. Strange but whatever.

But I just want to say this, however bad + tough + weird + other negative adjectives my orientation was, I gave it my all, and funny to say, I think I really enjoyed it in a weird way. Hahaha... :D

Yeah, I know I'm weird sporting la. lol. Just admit that, peeps!

Okla, more stuff later about the more intensive ragging during the Icebreakers, Treasure Hunt, Variety Night and Telematch, ok?

Damn tired, I'm so behind my classes and I need to study leh... T_T Cya!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

... and worse....

I'm shivering at the thought of what would happen when I get to the "U".

No, seriously.

I might as well just quit and work in the salt mines, lol.

Zzzyun said...

Hey, be more sporting la. :D *Smile*

It's not as bad as it sounds. I think I enjoyed orientation more than studying now lo. Arggh!