Friday, March 24, 2006

Telematch & Bbq

Err, have been asked why my posts seemed to keep harping abt my orientation week la. Basically, it's becoz I'm very chiong hei la and also that since I'm a procastinator, stuff that I want to blog abt keeps piling up lo... Sigh, no internet at home ma, hvta come to the library to use, so damn troublesome!

Anyway, this post will be the last post abt orientation (I hope) so no fear! Today I'll be talking abt the Telematch and the Bbq on saturday nite la.

Well, sad to say, I overslept that morning. We're supposed to be there at 7:30am and it starts at 8am at a field nearby. However, moi was severely lacked of sleep, so I must have turned off the alarm when it rang. I only jerked up at around 8 I think. In shock. Turned on my hp only to find that I've abt 5 missed calls and a few msgs. AHHH! What a coincidence, the day I overslept happens to be the only day I chose to turn off my phone. Aikz!

Neway, called my O.Os and thank god, they're still there waiting for me! Phew~ *Wipes off sweat* I straightaway changed and was off. No breakfast summore lo. Haih.

Well, met them (paiseh paiseh, they're all waiting for me) and we're off to the field. After some waiting around, it started with what else, cheer fights again. Sigh, no voice ade la...

There're 6 stations there. We're supposed to go against a diff group at each station and start the games with a cheer fight. Again. [Apparently, two groups didn't turn up for the telemtach and they're minused points or smtg. Walao, 2 whole groups leh!]

I can't rmb most of the stuff, so point form again. It's easier for you guys to read anyway.

  1. Spin on the butt in the mud, then do 'helicopter' 20 times, then roll back in the mud again. And the thing is, this mud is made by pouring water on sand, so we all got pretty scratched up too. T_T

  2. Caterpillar race (one group against another) towards the foot of the hill. Then, 3 ppl for each group are tied together and they're supposed to race the other group to the foot of the hill. The funny thing was, our group didn't hear properly and they raced to the top of the hill leh!! Haha.. Damn funny. They're SO tired after that.

  3. Oh ya. There was 1 station where each one take turns to race to the other side. We had to hop in a gunny sack, roll in a gunny sack (I did that), do 'helicopter' [dunno why they like this so much! lol] and go crack an egg using your head.

  4. Damnit, my memory is really failing me. I can't seem to rmb anything else. Arggh!! Think think think. Sorry la, really cannot rmb anymore... Might add if I get some inspiration suddenly... :P

So out of 6 stations, I can only remember 3, sadly. 50%! I passed! lol.

Erm, that leaves the Bbq la. (I seemed to be losing steam to blog abt orientation ade, haha.) Well, our O.Os warned us that there might be some more ragging (What? More?!) at the end of the bbq... Smtg called 'dipping', especially when we're wearing our nice clothes... Dipping = ragging us by making us dirty, I guess. So, they said it was best if we left earlier lo, around 9 lidat. And that was what we did.

However, I read in the forum afterward that they've already changed the tradition and there was no 'dipping' this time. Well, actually they did mention that they're cancelling it, but we didn't know whether to believe them onot...

Ah, we're suspicious ppl now. lol.

I rmbed during treasure hunt, a senior offered me a biscuit and I was like, erm, okayy, is it safe to eat?? [It was a normal biscuit, in case you wanna know.] Hey, I'm not the only one, my frenz who're offered biscuits had the same reaction too. Wahaha~!

Apparently, those who stayed late at the bbq had quite some fun leh. What a pity I didn't stay... But how would I know leh? Anyway, we also went somewhere else after the bbq. We went to the Mines and get this, played pool leh!! And I was like the only girl in a bunch of guys. (That seems to be happening quite frequently as the girls in my gang don't stay around here ah. Sigh.)

Oops, I didn't talk abt the bbq leh. Fastforward too much! Haha. Neway, the food was ok I guess. There were sausages and chicken lo. And lots of types of beehoon! lol. And we lowly juniors were supposed to serve the seniors with abundant food lo. Aikz.

We're joking that we'd serve the seniors with burnt or dirty food. Dirty as in oops-I dropped-it-on-the-floor sort of food. LOL! But we're not that bad la. We did serve them with normal food la... :D

Yes~! Finally done with the blogging abt orientation. Phew~ Starting to get boring ade. Guess it must be the same thing with you guys, right?

Well, in my later posts, I'll blog abt stuff that is happening recently lah. I dunno where to start lo, coz sooooo much has been happening in the past few weeks leh!!!!

Hah, I'll worry about that later. :D Cya guys, and have a nice day!


PS: Pip just told me that his uni coursemates were thinking of orientating the next bunch of juniors. And at least part of the source of inspiration for the orientation comes from no other source than... my blog! Woo~ He even asked his committee members to come & visit my blog leh, no kidding! Walao! Apparently, they're quite impressed with the orientation at my uni leh. I'm sure my seniors would be damn proud of me now.. Haha..

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mercy on the poor souls beneth the wrath of Philip and gang...

YOU LA! ZI YUN!!! IT'S YOUR FAULT!

I knew its only a matter of time before someone gets "inspired".

Zzzyun said...

Hey it's not my fault ok... T_T

I'm not the one who planned the orientation la... It's my seniors la.

Anwyay, as i said earlier, orientaion is cool. Period.