Monday, March 06, 2006

Guard Your Back

Hmm. It has been quite a few days since I last updated.

[Pls keep in mind that I wrote this like a very long time ago, ok? So it's kinda like old news la. lol.]

So here goes:

Well, a lot has happened, from the time b4 I left to the time I settled down in my new home.

It's kinda personal, so I won't talk abt it in detail here, just that something quite awful happened to me on the night before I left Penang. I think I'll never forget that night, which was one of the worst times in my life, I think. Not that I’ve a lot of awful experiences to tell, of coz. But you get the drift.

So the summary of the personal thingy was: I was told a secret by a certain someone, which involved me and another person. Kinda vague, yeah? That's the point. :P Anyway, once I was told the secret, I felt really hurt since, especially becoz it involved a 'good' fren of mine. First time kena backstabbed leh. :'(

But whatever. I've decided to put it behind me and look onwards to the future. Nothing much to be done over split milk, ya? Whatever. I dunno whether I can forgive the person who did this (are you reading this??) but if it makes you feel better, let's just say I'm totally over it! Ha!

And to think that I wasted those tears on such things! Wtf. [Pls allow me to swear occasionally ok. I'm still human, ppl.]

But, when I think abt the things the 'fren' said, it just makes my blood boil ok!!!!!!!

Some ppl are such fakers~!! $%*^&@

And one more thing, you admitting that you're not a nice person is not a license to go around doing nasty things, ok? Time to change~!

But it's none of my business. *Rolls eyes*

Anyway, I'll just take it as a lesson that things are not always what they seem to be. Don't put down your guard, don't be too straightforward in your speech (This has been getting me into trouble quite a few times ade…)

I dunno why, but ppl seemed to get offended when I'm being sarcastic. I really don't have any nasty intention(s) or what, ok! It's just a little joke to lighten the dark days la!! As I said, ppl seem to be missing an important ingredient nowadays, a sense of humour!! Ish. What is the world coming to??

But nvm. If ppl don't like it, I'll just keep my big mouth shut - and lose my persona. Sometimes I think I don't want to do this, since changing myself to fit into ppl's mould of acceptance is like compromising on my own integrity and all.

Yeah, I'm totally confused.

You take some, you gain some, I guess. Sigh. Whatever.

Oh ya, smtg interesting for discussion, chop chop!

  1. Do Chinese-educated ppl who are not adept at English fail to recognize harmless sarcasm when it comes their way? [What The Heck?!]

  2. Do English-educated ppl understand the essential tone in sarcasm better? (And therefore not get offended so easily of coz.)

If the answers are affirmative for the above, then maybe I shld just mix more with English-ed ppl. As they'll be offended less often la. Although it's more comfortable to talk in my mother tongue of coz.

Anyway, that's all for now. I'll talk abt how I'm getting on in KL and all in a later post. This is just a rant to let me blow off steam. [Been doing a lot of that lately, haven't I?]

PS1: If you're the person involved in the nasty little affair above, pls do not comment, but if you feel you really have to, then pls do it in such a way that doesn't reveal your identity unless you want the whole world to know. Then, shucks to you! *Sticks out tongue*

PS2: If you're one of the ppl that I've unintentionally offended through my uncalled-for sarcasm in the past, here, I offer my sincere apologies to you for not being more sensitive. Believe me, I really didn't mean it. I'm sorry. I hope you'll forgive me. *Bows in the way Geisha are taught* :P I can't seem to restraint myself from joking, do I? I guess some things just don't change.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

since you got to know someone felt uncomfortable with the way you speak from another person..maybe the friend of yours just didnt want to tell you in such a straight forward way which prob will ruin the relationship you two have..? like what has happened i would think. *just wondering* as much as it's wrong/hard or whichever word you could come up with, some things really should be kept untold..thats something which i've learned.

and who's that rat who goes around telling erm "secrets"..? darn that rat..*sorry rat* lol.