Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Treasure Hunt - Testing The Limits

Oh, it sure did. Did what, you ask? Test our very limits la, physical and mental. Whoa.

Anyway, the Treasure Hunt was on Wednesday of the Orientation week, and our O.Os said that this was one of the most strenous events scheduled... What a good description.

Well, it started around 5 I think and ended around 9 smtg. We didn't even get to eat dinner in between. I was SO tired after it that I didn't have dinner that night either... :(

First we started by having cheer fights (We already lost most of our voices by that time) b4 starting out. We had to run like miles for the whole Hunt ok!!! And I'm not athletic either. :'( I'm not kidding, the landmarks we encoutered were like Bkt Jalil stadium, the whole enormous carpark, abandoned fields, the big park nearby, and we even reached Carrefour leh..!! I think I need to get fitter.

Anyway, imho, I tot the worst part of it was that we had to run around for such long distances. Coz as I said, I'm not athletic. But there was still worse stuff to come.

There are 14 stations we had to go to. Our group managed to finish at least 13 I think, if not all. Not very sure. But what was the most frustrating thing was that we couldn't find the 1st station leh!! We ran around for such a loooong time b4 finding it. :( Damnit.

I can't really rmb all the stuff we did for the station there [coz I suffer from Short-term Memory Loss. lol.] so I'll just talk about the experiences worth remembering la, okay?

Hmm. Point form again, so be it.

  1. The guys had to dip their shirts in the special gunk they lovingly prepared for us while for girls, it's shoes-in! And then we had to put on all those stuff again leh. My shoes all flooding inside ade leh... Yucky. This happened quite often, with different "recipes" at diff stations. Blek.

  2. Erm, we had to chew live worms properly before spitting them out on the floor. Ppl that did not chew the worms properly will have to re-do la. Thank god not everyone had to do this, only 2 guys and 2 girls from each group. I of coz... did not volunteer la. (!!) There was also another station that we had to EAT maggots!! Again, did not volunteer. I said I enjoyed orientation, doesn't mean I have to participate in everything. Especially stuff like this. Eew!

  3. Had to duck-walk up flightS of stairs while shouting cheers. Damn tiring.

  4. The whole group of us running around a monument while shouting: "We want Hot sex!!" In the middle of the night. Arggh.

  5. 'Swim' on the tar road. And since it rained before that, we're like 'swimming' in puddles of dirty water lo. Yuck! Also had to cheer while doing that. Dunno, they seem to have a thing with cheering. The funny thing is a senior gave me a (normal) biscuit to eat and I was like, ok, is it safe to eat or what? Explains a lot, doesn't it? Haha.

  6. Hmm. Another 'indecent' act. Guys are supposed to take off their shirts, lie down on the wet tar road while the girls are supposed to smear chili on their chest. Then, eggs are placed near the guys' crotches and the girls are supposed to smash it inside the pants. Caution shld be taken while doing this, that is to ask where exactly is the egg, in case you squeeze the wrong thing. *Winces* I heard some other groups got it worse, the seniors put chilli powder in the guys' pants and they say it really hurts alot. Thank god our group was safe. Phew~

  7. Oh, ya. Something humiliating that turned out to be 'fun'. Act like a god dog. I'm NOT kidding abt this. Good thing we reached this station when it was really dark. So no one could see anyone doing anything embarassing very clearly. Ok, 2 ppl [or shld I say dogs] are supposed to race each other. First, we had to lift our legs up and 'pee' at a pole, then roll over and play dead. The last thing we had to do is go thru a hula hoop (still on all fours) and bite at a bone. All this had to be done according to the whistle and with continous 'melodious' barking. Haih. Damn funny, now that I think back. lol.

  8. I think there are more stuff but my memory-loss disease seems to be worsening. So I'm sorry to say, that's all the stuff I've to say abt Treasure Hunt. Blek.

Btw, it was dirtiest that I've ever gotten. [Didn't I say that sometime b4?] Anyway, another stroke of bad luck hit me, coz when I got home, alas, there was no water!!! *Wails* Can you imagine that? SO dirty and no water to wash??!! Had to go to a fren's hse to wash in the end.

My seniors say there is an unwritten tradition that after all the dirty events, ppl can just jump into the Vista swimming pools (the apartments where most students are staying) to clean ourselves up. However, this cool tradition was abolished this year though. Arrgh. The janitors there complained, I guess. I went to the showerhouses to shower after IceBreakers but later, we're told that the swimming pools AND showerhouses were off-limits to dirty ppl like us. ISH!!

That's why had to resort to fren's hse. In the morning, had to go to senior's hse to shower summore. Damn paiseh, coz woke him up from his sleep. :( In the end, found out that there was no water-cutting exercise, just that some dumb-ass closed my hse's main water pipe. WTF! What a time to do that too!!

Oh, whatever. Over ade. But of all the events, we unanimously agree that Treasure Hunt was the best of all. :D Yayz!

We are mad, I know. :P Haha.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Better stop reading, or I'll super glue my hands to my room on the day I'm supposed to get shipped off to the university.

Zzzyun said...

Haha...

Seriously, guys, it's not that bad.

Just know that, during orientation, don't be such a stand-out (although that has its advantages, which is becoming popular/infamous overnight, i'm not kidding :P)

So that's that. :D