Tuesday, March 14, 2006

IceBreakers - What Really Got Broken?

I'm so hooked on the internet. I online-d for 5 hours straight in the comp lab yesterday. Hey, don't blame me. Being an addict, you must understand how I feel after being deprived of my internet connection for 2 weeks leh.

-----------

Wrote a few paragraphs before the electricity tripped here in the library. Argggh. This is how 'good' the facilities are when we pay by the thousands for each sem!!

Nvm. Let me try to recap.

I think I was talking about the first night of Orientation la. The event scheduled was Icebreakers. Basically, we juniors didn't really like this one becoz it was rather passive. All we did was get into our groups and wait for stinky bombs to fall from the sky lo.

Okla, I mean wait for the 'nice' seniors to throw the REALLY stinky bombs from 3/4 floors above. So you can imagine the impact lo... It really hurts and I'm not kidding. My group was not in a good position coz we're like a good target for the bomb-throwers leh. We totally bombed, oh, do pardon the pun. Everytime the siren rang, behold all the bombs la. Every junior will straight away squat down in self-defence and huddle as closely as ever.

I got it every single damn time. I got it on the neck, side of face, back... basically almost everywhere la. And it REALLY stinks. Even worse than the dump site, ok? As I said, some vomitted, while moi, the tough one even gagged on first contact. :( Sigh. Never been so dirty in my entire life. But wait there is more to come.

Anyway, there were games like we had to pass ice between our knees, dip our heads + hair into buckets of gross stuff & do 'helicopter' after that etc. I can't really rmb but just that the games weren't that fun la. Haha. And all in between these games, the siren will just suddenly go off and all the bombs come down [Sing using the tune of London Bridge Is Falling Down. lol].

And now... *Drum roll* to the special recipe and ingredients that our dear seniors used for the bombs. [We only knew later when the senior in charge had dinner with us. Oh no!]

  1. Water used to wash shoes. Yuck.

  2. Chilli powder. Ouch.

  3. Rotten eggs. Freaking smelly.

  4. Rotten Tofu. Still as smelly.

  5. Rotten veggies and meat stuff la. Double icky.

  6. And there were still more, but we begged the senior to reveal no more since we still wanted to keep our appetities. :P

It was especially gross for me since I think some of the watery junk accidentally got into my mouth when the bomb hit the side of my face ma... YUCKS!! Wth.

Anyway, they said they worked very hard for this since they had to prepare the junk like 3 months earlier. [Had to wait for it to rot or ferment or whatever.] And not many wanted the job of packaging the bombs either. Haha. Sucks to them!

But seriously, they say its good preparation for future life as a doctor since when doing post-mortem, the smell is VERY bad as well. Die. (Oops, pardon the pun again.)

Ah, whatever. I'm just going to worry about my studies first.

I really must focus!! FOCUS~!

I'll talk abt the other events later la. Bye~

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good, coz I might need you to do the post-mortem on me.

Die... I hope Lydia and Kent is not reading this and/or has no part in next year's ragging in UQ.

Note to self:
Peek around every corner.
Proceed with EXTREME caution.
Bring HAZMAT suit to Australia

Zzzyun said...

Why? You think that this post might give them ideas?

Well, guess my seniors are damn creative. :P

Anyway, don't worry too much la, coz basically orientation is fun and it's a great chance to get to know ppl... Seriously.

Yeah! Orientation rocks! [I know I'm mad. lol.]

Anonymous said...

Mama...

Anonymous said...

Eeeeeewwww! Is this a fear factor challenge or what?!

Zzzyun said...

Muahaha... Is this scary or what?

Actually, I think it's worse that a fear factor challenge la.. Lol..