Sunday, June 01, 2008

Grateful

I'm feeling rather sleepy now so I think I shall retire to my comfy bed soon. (althou I shld be burning more midnight oil actually but sigh, my eyelids are not cooperating as usual)

Anyway, just tot I'll pen a few ramblings before bed.

Here's an announcement for those who are interested:- The Partner Medical School (PMS) I got matched to is University of Western Australia!

It's my second choice so I guess I'm pretty cool with it. Actually, to tell the truth, I don't really mind which PMS I get as long as it's in the region of Australia or New Zealand. It's just because of financial constraints that's why I put Uni of Adelaide as my first choice.

But then, as fate wud have it, I got the place I somehow seemed more inclined to. Don't ask me why. Maybe it's because it's the nearest PMS to Malaysia. haha guess I'm going to miss Malaysia when I'm abroad! that's why "sei charn" also want to be in the same time zone as Malaysia. (yup I'm still going to have the same bed time and no jet lag wuahaha!)

Jokes aside, I'm really grateful. really.

I was readying myself for far worse results so imagine the emotions that run thru me when I flipped the letter up to unveil the words of "Uni of Western Australia" staring at me. in bold.

To tell you the truth, I was more like shocked. Became emotionally numb for quite a while. Didn't know what feelings to express.

It was also largely due to the fact that I couldn't believe my good luck. I'm rarely lucky in these sort of things.

And I'm glad that most of my close friends are happy with their Matching Results too.

Congrats to:

  • Kee Ping who got Uni of Auckland (1st choice) - you deserved it! Must be the good karma points for always being such a selfless person! =)

  • Li Shan who also got Uni of Auckland (3rd/4th choice) - well didn't see you yet so not tat sure what you think abt it but heard you're ok with it, which is good! And so nice, you get to go with another good fren! *envy*

  • Eugene who got Uni of Tasmania (2nd choice) - hehe we are in the same country!

  • Thuan Tzen who got Uni of Melbourne (1st choice) - you've always wanted to go there so it's great tat you finally got what you wanted! Do some great research and become the first Malaysian Noble Prize Winner for curing cancer okay. lol.

  • Beh who got Uni of Otago (1st choice) - wah why so many ppl go New Zealand wan? *pouts*

However, not everybody were happy with their results. Which was to be expected in a situation like this. Heard there were people who got their 6th or 7th choice. Dunno if there is anyone who got a choice further down than that.

I do not know how to write this part without sounding like some smug-stupidly-grinning-prat but... I really do feel sorry for you guys. But I guess in this case, you can't do much but appeal and continue to hope. But remember, you can be sad for a few days.. but don't forget the big picture! EOS 5 is coming soon so you need to get your wits back and continue the fight!

We wanted to help those in need. That's why we chose this difficult winding road called Medicine.

In the end, I guess it doesn't matter where we learn how to do that, as long as we do. And don't forget to care.

I bade everyone good night and sweet dreams...

6 comments:

Titus said...

Hoho, so you're coming to Australia!

When I'm going back to Malaysia... lol

Zzzyun said...

hehe yeap australia here i come! (well in a few months time lah)

oh do u mean u hav finished ur degree and is coming back to msia to work ade?? yer so fast..

and im only halfway thru =(

stinchan said...

eh I'm going Western Aus as well...not =D its okay, poh pen, hwei wan, valene fell for it too.

Zzzyun said...

aiyah! still wanna bluff me ar..

aiyo why use my future uni to bluff others =/

mg said...

i shd leave comments here instead of ur cbox.. cant read the replies anymore. so busy.. lol..

wat was ur reply again? i think i asked who got otago? lol..

Zzzyun said...

oh i said Beh got otago.. not sure abt the rest of the ppl tho..

dunno if u rmb him? he used to wait for me and my frens to finish aikido so can go makan late dinner with him?