Tuesday, November 14, 2006

CPR (Crashed, Pulped, Ruined)

*stops myself b4 I attempt to rant abt how sad my life is without internet*

Anyway, the cpr exam was so-so only. I was SO nervous that I suddenly understood the phrase "knees going weak". :( Never felt so nervous in my life, and I dunno why. Maybe it was partially due to my recovering health status too.

My stomach wasn't exactly feeling great, and stupid me had to drink a carbonated drink while I had smtg that was remotely like gastric pain. Which totally made it worse. How stupid can one get. Aikz.

I went in with so-called butterflies in my stomach, and started with the 1 man crp -> infant cpr & choking -> adult choking.

Errors I made at 1st station: forgot to activate EMS [I knew it!!], went blur abt rescue breathing and the guy had to hint me so many times (also asked me to calm down 1st, blek)... *sigh* Not exactly a good start.

Went totally blank at the 2nd station. Keep saying that I shld check for breathing when I shld be ventilating the baby. *arggh* Examiner stopped me, sent me to the back to find out what I was doing wrong. Was really upset then. =(

I tried to calm myself down.. *deep breaths* And voila. I sailed thru the 3rd station!! Yeah, perfect~ See? I knew I shldn't have been so nervous... :T Well, at least that was okay.

But wasn't finished yet. Had to redo the 2nd station.

Told her what I did wrong and she asked me to proceed. Can't believe that I made the same mistake again!! :O *slaps self* Really stupid. Dunno what was wrong with me. She even said: "Why are you making the same mistake again?" *deadpan look*

And shld check pulse b4 check for breathing rite? I got abit confused at 1st. Then I ran thru everything in my head. And decided that yes, shld check pulse 1st. Narrow shave there. She had that glint in the eye, telling me that she was ready to fail me ade... Fuyoh~

After it was done, she asked me: "Confident of saving lives?" And since I didn't do well, I said: "Dunno." I very well couldn't said "yes", right? Aikz. But at least I added: "I'll practice more."

That seemed to suit her fine. She was satisfied with the answer lah.. Hmm..

So the conclusion is that I still dunno whether I failed or passed. *sigh* Really hope its the latter. I've had enough of my share of failing recently. =(

Anyway, summative 2 is coming soon and I really need to buck up!! :T Well, peeps, I guess there will probably be less posts for this 2 weeks lah..

Can't believe that we're gonna start CVS soon!! Time sure passes fast~ Woo...

No comments: