Monday, May 07, 2007

Changing of Fortunes - For Good or For Bad?

Alright, haven't really been talking abt my life for sometime. Here's a catch-up post of sorts.

Well, my life has been going fine and dandy for quite a few days. *hums "Don't worry, be happy" tune* :P Dunno, maybe after cutting down on the complaining/whining, my heart has become lighter? I hope so. =)

I was in quite good spirits the last few days. And if there's anything that may pull me down, I just tell myself to take it like it is and just be happy, heck. To tell the truth, there were many reasons that I cud had been down last week *think of PBLs for example*, but I didn't. Just took it in my stride. For that, I'm quite proud that I'm making improvement.

However, there are some issues that ruffled a few of my feathers today, so to speak. Just some "moving house vs staying put" issues. Actually, it is a minor thing, but caught unawares, my mood just spiralled downhill. Plus the fact that it's been a looong day where my will is put to test yet again *think of CSU just now*

I must tell myself now, no way am I gonna let this stupid thing bother me! I am strong. I'm trying to improve... how can I stop becoz of this? NO WAY!

Okay, this might sound incoherent to you guys but anyhow, I'm just trying to get my spirits up. I'm not going to let this minor stupid thing get me down. yup! I feel better now, except for the backache. aikz.

Anyway, just as a note to self: I'm so glad that I've managed to catch myself halfway thru a sentence before saying anything hurtful for the past few days. (well, I failed once last night, but it was out of a good intention) But excluding that, the plan for change towards a better self is going well.

If I continue on, I think I'd be able to see some significant improvement. Now, I just need to remember when to keep my big mouth shut. The difficult thing is not talking, or keeping silent; the most important thing is to know when to talk or not to talk, that is the question! - as Shakespeare would have put it, if it'd occured to him.

Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools talk because they have to say something. - Benjamin Franklin

That is smtg I'm trying to do, it's not easy, given that I'm someone that had cultivated the habit of shooting off my mouth without going thru my brain (though scientifically that isn't possible), but still I'll persevere. Plus that with the fact that I'm trying not to whine so much, and you get a relatively more silent me? Am I nothing but whines + insults? I wonder.

Anyway, this post is just to cheer myself on, to continue fighting the odds. Everything will be fine one day, as long as we keep trying our best, right? That's what I like to believe anyway. yeah.

--------------------------------------------------------

On another not really related note, I haven't blogged abt my haemato results yet. It was released last monday. And I was really really afraid of what I was going to get... but I kept telling myself: "if I really didn't do well, I'm not allowed to whine, remember that, zzzyun." It was not easy to keep those emotions whirling inside me in check, but I did.

But I guess, by some stroke of good fortune, or maybe I've accumulated enough good karma - who knows - I got a relatively good result. It was really unexpected, let me be frank with you, so I guess the lecturers were super lenient in the SAQ part. Coz I made lots of wrongs in the MCQs. yeah. If you had just let me borderline-pass, I'd had been thankful already coz I was all prepared to fail.

Btw, lots of people didn't do well this time. I think this was the worst average results of my batch among all the in-course assessments, yes, including CVS. Abt 70 ppl failed Haemato, compared to CVS where around 50 failed. So Haemato is officially THE killer paper for now. However, I'm sure EOS3 would be the cream of the crop though, so to speak. -_-"

Oh ya, if you're observant, you might have noticed that I've added a Countdown to EOS in the sidebar of my blog. That was becoz I found out that I've less than 60 days left a few days ago. *loud gasp in horror* So I tot that if I put sucha countdown timer in my blog, it might motivate me to study more. Hope it works.

Speaking of studying, I better get my fingers off this keyboard and open up those notes! *yikes*

No comments: