Sunday, May 27, 2007

Post GI

Well, this is the obligatory-every-post-exam-cum-celebrations-must-have-post. Where I shall keep to the tradition of first ranting abt the exam (with lots of minute details) and then finishing with a long-winded description of how we celebrated after that... lol.

I shall begin. Hajimek~

GI exam. How shall I put it? Seniors have always told us that this was THE toughest system to boot in all the systems studied in sem 2/3. And they were right. Amounting to a crazy total of 6 weeks, with the GI system covering the whole GI tract from the oral cavity down to the anus, that's one looooong way. Notwithstanding the fact, there's also liver, gallbladder and your pancreas. Crazy, ain't it?

Just a simple diagram to illustrate my point. hehe.

And now the uni has cut down on the lectures by taking away 11 lectures compared to seniors, expecting us to cover it in PBL or by reading on your own. Tough, man. And the poor lecturers were afraid that we might missed smtg, and thus have a tendency to merge 2 lectures into 1, making it hideously too fast for us to absorb what the heck is the lecturer talking abt. -_-

Oops, seemed to have digressed a bit, shld be talking abt the exam, not giving an intro abt how hard is it. lol.

Well, many synonyms can be used to describe the exam, but I shall stick with just one adjective - difficult. Lots of small minute details were asked. And funnily, as we often complained that pharmacology always come out very little in the previous papers, that day, we're left dumbfounded by the number of pharmacology questions that came out. :O I almost neglected reading that, but thks to the powers above that I didn't in the end. (actually it was only becoz I already made a mind map for it, so tot that shldn't waste my effort in making it, so shld read a bit, hehe) Lucky! :P

Oh ya, I gotta admit, this paper was set so much better than the last one. The questions weren't so vague anymore, it was a plain old case of either you know or don't know. Not like last time, where there were many questions that I knew the answers, but just didn't know that those are what they wanted. blek. This paper had a good balance of pharmaco, anatomy and pathology plus what-is-your-diagnosis-type of questions. Well, maybe a bit too little of physiology tho. But at least not always harping abt pathology tho, haha. The questions were more integrated too.

For me, I tot I did relatively better in the BCQ part (meaning I felt that I was fairly certain of the answers) manatau, I found out that I made lots of mistakes during the feedback. Aikz. See lah, too confident... shld have doubted the answers more. But I doubted too much during Haemato and changed lots of my answers, which were all wrong. Both approaches also failed. The best way is to really know your stuff so that you definitely picked out the best answer!! (yalah, I know, the last statement is redundant, lol)

SAQ was okay. Except that I suddenly cudnt rmb anything abt Ulcerative Colitis, altho I was anticipating it coming out in the exam... =( Time! What I needed is time... and maybe less procastination. Typical. haha.

OSPE, keeping to the tradition of making us utter "Wth!" under our breaths once we see the pics, was no less different this time. Q1 was okay, no prob with it. It was Q2 that provoked said reaction. I dunno how to classify the Q, it was more like anatomy of the mouth down to the epiglottis. But the labels were kinda unclear, not sure is which part they wanted. And I still think that the sublingual gland they labelled looks totally like a muscle, not fair!! *sigh*

Okay, I think that's enough abt the exam. Or my non-med-student-readers are gonna protest! lol.

---------------------------------------------------

This time, as a post-exam-celebrations, we went to Midvalley catch Pirates of Carribean - At World's End.

Funny, I don't rmb seeing this poster. Maybe someone modified it or smtg.

We're also celebrating Li Yann's bday on that day too. (paiseh, everyone was so busy, so we hvta postpone the celebrations till that day ya!)

Where was I? Oh ya, Pirates. We're late due to the jam and a few ppl who were doing their AIR topic last minute. Aikz. So was kinda blur in the first few minutes of the movie.

Anyway, let me tell you, this movie totally rawrs!! It's one of the best movies I've watched in a looong time (hey I don't say that often).

Great action, nice choreography, solid plot, funny jokes, brilliant acting and not to forget, the loveable Captain Jack Sparrow. He's totally the funniest. My fav character. hehe. This movie is a must watch, I give it 5 stars! ^v^


Sao Feng (Chow Yun Fatt's Character), Barbosa & Jack Sparrow. they're pretty cool~!

My only grouch is that it was a bit too long (170 minutes) and my bladder kinda protested halfway... I cudnt go to the toilet becoz I didn't want to miss anything and the uncle sitting at the side is very garang. If I go out, he sure scold me wan. scary~ Besides, my fren said the door was locked too. :O

For dinner, we went to Kim Gary! (haha, my fav) I tried smtg new for once, had the spaghetti baked with cheese and chicken. Was quite nice, but of coz, the cheese-baked rice is the best. I'm totally a fan of Hong-Kong fusion food. *winks*

Of coz, no bday celebrations are ever complete without a cake! We had laid our plans well, we asked someone else other than our girl gang to get the cake, so as not to arouse her suspicions. Thks to ThuanTzen and LiShan who got the cake! =)

And we managed to surprise her "a bit"... so guess all's well. ["A bit" becoz SueWen nearly terbocor our plans, haha]

After that we went jalan-jalan a bit lo. Managed to buy something (the usual after exam self-pampering) but still can't find the bag I need. Aikz. Dunno when's the next time we'll have time to hang out again. We seemed to pattern hang-outs after an exam, which is quite sad, isn't it? *sigh*

Then, it was time to go home lo. It was quite late ade at that time, and some still needed to drive home from vista to PJ. And thus ended the celebrations. I had a great time... ^o^

And after fun, comes hard work. Aikz. Time to start slogging for EOS3! =(

We all must gambate ya! This is THE exam!!

PS: Sorry if I sound incoherent in this post. Kinda late at night when I was typing this post.. sleepy. hehe

No comments: