Sunday, June 19, 2005

Award of Excellence? ME? omg!

Right. This post is for my day on last Wednesday--15/6. (Alright, I wasn't lazy, ya know... It was because I was having part of my 2nd assessment on saturday.. Pls refer to past posts to know how lacking in preparation moi was for the test. Haha.)

Anyway, my college was having a ceremony thingy for those who had scored well in their tests. Academic excellence and all that, yaknow...

And GET THIS! Moi was one of the "lucky ppl" that was getting an excellence award.. lol.

Moi? Miss Procrastinator?

Am I dreaming? *Pinches self* Ouch!

[I didn't really believe it at first since at my high sch.. I wasn't considered one of the brilliant ones since there were many better ppl in front of me--in terms of academic achievement... and mind you, they were really good! Unlike moi~]

Anyway, you wanna know how this award is based upon? Well, to get an Award of Excellence, you gotta get A (80 above) for at least 5 subjects.. Moi is taking 6 subjects---> Phy, Bio, Chem, Eng, maths 2 & 3 units... AND... *Psstt* I got all As for all 6 subjects... This a secret. Don't tell anyone, ya know..Hehe.. [I almost forgot, the 5 subjects must include eng... So, actually, some ppl were very good but did not get it because their eng did not make the cut... *Eng wasn’t easy btw*]

Another award that was given out is the Merit Award... Well, to get it, you gotta get A (80 above) for at least 4 subjects... Yes, including eng..!

Anyway, the ceremony was held in Lecture Theatre A at 4pm... According to the programs given out, it was supposed to end at 4:40pm... but ya know la, these ceremonies alwiz end late.. Finished at 5pm.. but, wait! I'm getting ahead of myself...

Back to the topic: In my course, there were about 14 ppl getting da Award of Excellence and about 6 ppl getting the Merit Award... And get this:- Out of the 14 ppl, only two were guys!! Well... At least, they hit back in the Merit department: There were 4 guys out of the 6 ppl there... Go figure! :P

So, if you ask my honest opinion abt the ceremony, I think they were making a hoo-ha about it... They make it all so formal-like (Yeah...we had to dress up for it... Ok, not gowns & tuxedoes la.. Although a guy did wear a coat, I think...lol. But we're talking about my-feet-are-killing-me-high-heels for the whole damn day, ya know..) and all for what? Just to get a certificate!! Why couldn't they just give it out or something? *I think I better stop complaining or else those who didn't get it would be thinking what do I have to complain abt?*

Well, it started with a dance by 2 girls in malay wear.. I think the dance was kinda weird, if you ask me--but you didn't, so don't bother... Anyway, the respective head of departments for all the courses in my college came in... All dressed to the nines in black formal coats... Ranjit was there too... Later, he even made funny faces at us, which we of coz laughed. He said we ruined his pic because we made him laughed... HA! He was the one making faces first but full marks for the joker as usual! :D

Then, come those long boring-pls bore-me-death-speeches... by our principal. [I think he could improve on his eng a bit... I'm just being straight-forward, okie? But I heard he was a nice man... Dunno... *Shrugs* Miss Blur didn't even know he was the principal of our college.. Blek.]

After that, it was time we got our respective certificates... Finally! And all the ppl streamed down...to get our certs lo... Nothing to comment here... except a girl came wearing a mini-skirt and a vest... Eh, girl, formal wear leh? This ain't formal, you know... but whatever... to each of her own, I guess. *Wistful Smile*

After everyone got their certs, we're then treated 2 slide show.. I think it was kinda interesting but what do minature cars and virtual puppets *I dunno how to describe it in a better way leh...* have to do with da occasion? Go figure. I think that was all... those parts that i didn't mention must be boring anyway..lol. [Actually, it is becoz I forgot ade. :P]

Then, we're asked to go have some refreshments.. Boy, how I need to be refreshed! I didn't feel like going at first... but Ranjit said the food was good. So we being greedy Chinese, went. It was held in the Pinang Room (I didn't know there was such a room eh... Btw, quek, it's not the peanut room harr...) and the food was 'good', yeah, right.. -_-

I don't think a dish of some kind of mee that I can't phantom what type it is can be considered good, ya know... [Ranjit, you really gotta reevaluate your opinion on what type of food is considered 'good'.. Or maybe just improve your tastebuds a little. :P]

Ok, to do it justice, there were a few types of kuih...but they were available in so pitiful numbers that it was all gone in a few mins... The mee too. I didn't even get to drink anything. :(

I guess that's all folks... Ciao!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow. this is one long post.. (longer than most of urs, at least ;) )... neway.. the principal shld be a nice guy i heard from others even tho his eng isn't all tat great. ;p his speech was actually 'inspirational' if compared to the boring speeches our old headmistress used to make, rmbr? *groan*. lol.

Zzzyun said...

inspirational? okie...i'll give him marks 4 that..compared 2 our 'dear' headmistress...lol...=P