Sunday, June 19, 2005

My Sunday...Haih!

This sunday wasn't relaxing at all.. Far from it.

Went to a physics seminar that leong recommended... *He kinda forced us to go by threatening that he won't talk abt the topics mentioned in the talk... Really?! Isn't that a threat? Hmmm.*

I guess it was ok.. and actually I went because I thought it'd be interesting. He doesn't have to force me to go la. Juz kinda motivates me lo.. Anyway, the speaker was nervous lo... and... his eng wasn't that hot either. But to be fair, he was very knowledgeable. :) Thumbs up for him!!

Anyway, I think it was ok. Learnt a few new things, I guess.

Well, the talk was about the universe we live in... (Duh. How many universes are there?) If I'm not mistaken, the talk's title was *A Fundamental Understanding to the Universe or something... Let me go & check the pamplet.

*People drumming their fingers, waiting for moi to run upstairs to get the pamplet*

Okie, I'm back! Here, it says: "Physics: The Key to some Fundamental Questions about our Universe".

Aww. Juz look at the pictures I have posted above *Not very sure how to upload photos yet* They look kinda cool after I had mess around with them using photo editor. [It wasn't so colourful before this. Rather cool, I think.. Gotta learn more about this thing though... Anyone care to teach me? Pretty pls..??]

Well, I thought the talk was pretty boring at first.. Since the speaker was talking about the basics of physics... very... very... slowly... Argghh! Yuki was almost falling asleep ade. I managed to stay awake though. :P Then, suddenly the talk shifted to quarks, neutrinos etc.. I can't rmb la...coz this speaker is crazy...

Very funny you know, the easy things, he talk abt them slowly... The difficult things, he talk about them so quickly the I didn't managed to understand all. Yuki was even worse. She said she don't really understand much... She was a little disgruntled when I told her that quarks are in our course this year. Part of our options topics for phy—courtesy of leong... Well, can I say I've a small head start? Don't think so, coz I didn't really get most of the points.. Whatever.

Btw, some of the ppl were totally asking stupid questions. The speaker oredi said that as a physicist, he will only answer questions dat are considered "physical"... and some ppl keep asking questions that were totally out of da point.. Talk about digressing...lol.

*This old man was asking questions about God developing a universe that have consciousness and all... Hello? That isn’t physics, ya know!! Go and ask a philosopher or something. That's their job anyway! lol.*

So I think that's all for now... Gotta hit the books for my mathz 3units test on wed.. Ish...!

*Psstt* I hate tests. I can't enjoy myself... :(

Life is not a problem to be solved, it is a mystery to be lived... Courtesy of whoever... Don't ask me!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hehe.. lucky i decided to skip it. ;)

Zzzyun said...

notty..notty...