Friday, October 12, 2007

You Know You're In Med Sch When...

  1. You have ever said "Netter is god" - nah I didn't say that, but gotta admit it's a good book.
  2. You can discuss autopsy/ anatomy over a meal - sure why not!
  3. You own a 4 color pen - nope, but I have 5 different coloured highlighters, does that count?
  4. It just isn't enough colors for you - err okla enough ade..
  5. You use more than one color to take notes - well sometimes, but mostly use the same pen coz where got time to change pen when the lecturer's mumbling at the speed of light?
  6. You have use up more than 6 highlighters in the past 6 months - okay not so geng yet..
  7. You have even highlighted something YOU wrote - guilty as charged!
  8. You retype handouts given in class - haha I where got patience to do that.
  9. You haven't had a date in 3 months - thankfully I can answer negative for this one.
  10. You haven't had a date since entering med school - and negative for this too!
  11. You have not been able to remember the normal term for something because you were thinking of the medical term (ie reflux for heartburn) - *gasp* it happened before!
  12. You get more sleep in lecture than at home - luckily no.. coz lectures are like only 2 hours a day..
  13. You know the correct spelling for pruritus - isn't that the correct spelling??
  14. You also know what it means - of coz, or how can I claim to be a medical student?
  15. You have ever asked a question in class - in lecture nope but csu/pbl yeah..
  16. The prof. didn't understand the question - sometimes they very blur wan
  17. You didn't believe the answer the prof. gave - well it's a fact that they are known to be wrong on rare occasions too, but mostly okla
  18. You went to look it up to see if they were right - of coz I would check if I feel the answer given is wrong lah
  19. You can't hold a conversation on anything other than medschool - hey I where got so lousy lah..
  20. You skip class to study - hah I wish I would skip class to even go out to play -_-
  21. You've said you didn't do well on a test on which you beat the mean - nono I'm pretty honest
  22. You spend more than 15 hrs a week on e-mail - nah if I write it's most probably for this blog
  23. You have a callous on your finger from writing - well I do have a tiny indentation on one of my fingers that appears when I write too much
  24. More than one professor knows you by name - heh I wish
  25. When you ask a question, a new professor has said "Oh, I've heard of you" - ditto
  26. You can name more amino acids than past presidents - pretty possible
  27. You use more than 5 acronyms an hour when talking - depends but it's possible
  28. You actually know what PERRLA stands for - erm paiseh this I dunno
  29. You know all the steps of the TCA cycle - well I used to but kinda forgotten ade
  30. You do not read PTA as parent teachers association - no I don't but what does it stand for in medical jargon ah? I kinda forgotten...
  31. You can remember the muscles in the forearm - erm not really.. shyt
  32. You know the structures in the urea cycle - urea cycle got "structures" wan meh?
  33. You know the dermatome distribution - sedikit sedikit lah maaf coz I haven't done CNS
  34. You can't remember what you had for breakfast - luckily not so bad yet my short-term memory loss :P
  35. You can't spell world, much less backwards - huh?
  36. You've ever been sexually aroused by the breast shadow on an X-ray - siao meh..
  37. You equate "morning stiffness" with Rhematoid Arthritis - abothen?
  38. You actually know normal values for plasma Na - used to but kinda forgot...
  39. and for K - ditto
  40. Missing class causes you extreme stress - well maybe not extreme stress but I don't like it
  41. You have seriously asked someone "So how does that make you feel?" - guilty as charged
  42. You have asked will this be on the exam - of coz!
  43. Just after the prof. said it wouldn't - okay not after that
  44. You identify with Deb on E.R. - erm I don't watch ER
  45. You have made a medical joke - haha *coughyeahcough*
  46. no one laughed - err depends
  47. You figure they just weren't that far in their studying - no lah
  48. You wear your stethescope around your neck on the bus - no we're not allowed to do that
  49. You don't even know which way the thing goes in your ears - hey of coz I know lah
  50. "SOB" means shortness of breath to you - *coughyescough*
  51. You have gone to student health with suspicion of a disease you have studied - medical student syndrome eh...
  52. within 3 days of the lecture - no lah
  53. You have answered a question in class - nope
  54. asked by the professor - no way!
  55. it was a rhetorical question - NO!!
  56. You can quote lines from the movie "Malice" - what movie is that?
  57. You believe them - erm I can't give you a definite answer, refer to previous answer
  58. You can flip your pen over your thumb - not so skilled, halfway there
  59. with both hands - ditto
  60. You do so throughout class - ditto
  61. You have corrected a professor in class - i wish *dripping with sarcasm*
  62. The rest of the class didn't understand the lecture to begin with - that would probably include me too..
  63. You know how to calculate specificity - think so
  64. positive predictive value - yeap
  65. anion gap - *tiny voice* err no?
  66. You can't balance your checkbook - it's not my fault that I can't balance something I don't have
  67. You don't know what the weather was like for the past week - err I guess so
  68. You don't know what the weather is like right now - yes yes I'm guilty, happy?
  69. You actually talk in open ended questions - that's what we are taught whut
  70. DIC isn't a slang term for the penis in your book - it stands for Disseminated Intravascular Coagulation right right?
  71. You think B- is a bad grade - of coz, it's a FAIL in med school!
  72. You have stressed about a pass/fail class - shldn't it be that way?
  73. You study during most of your meals - nooo freaking way!
  74. You saw nothing abnormal about the Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder - it's pretty abnormal and I see it in some ppl
  75. You draw all of the slides not already provided in the handouts - the important ones yes
  76. including the cartoons (humourous type) - no lah siao
  77. Anatomy makes you hungry - okay I'm not so psycho yet
  78. You would even consider saying "Ease back on my finger at your own pace" - why not?
  79. You know the size of a RBC - used to, forgot already oops!
  80. You don't know the size of a football field - not interested
  81. Your eyesight has worsened by 10 pts or more in the last year - thankfully I still don't need specs unlike many of my counterparts
  82. You have the library hours memorized - well after almost 2 years, I think it's reasonable to remember it right?
  83. You have your own seat in the library - not really, just an area that I like to sit
  84. You score more than 95 on the Epidemiology final - no such exam
  85. You own more than one white coat - no, only one
  86. You have debated between giving up sleep or eating in order to find more time to study - that is totally wacko!
  87. You started studying for boards more than 2 months in advance - ermm
  88. You have never received a personal invitation to discuss your grades with the dean - thank god
  89. A tie is the only addition necessary to what you normally wear when you go to see patients - hey it's not the norm for girls to wear ties
  90. You wear scrubs to tests - I wish I own one, it would be cool
  91. You have made plans to study on a beach during vacation - seriously that is freaky
  92. You actually did - did I mention freaky?
  93. You have a designated seat in lecture - guilty as charged
  94. You have ever asked someone to move from "your seat" - not so bad lah me
  95. You sleep less than 4 hrs a night - that is insane, I'll die first
  96. You think that is plenty - last I checked I was still alive
  97. You have thought about cutting back - you still don't get the point??
  98. You study more than 35 hrs outsid of class - nope!
  99. You think you are a slackard - YES! I'm too lazy for my own good
  100. You think everyone answers yes to most of these questions - definitely, more so if they are my fellow sufferers

PS: Btw, this list is not by me, I got it from some blog and just added some humourous answers. lol. So yeah, feel free to copy and paste it if you want. =)

No comments: