Thursday, April 27, 2006

Confessions of A Sentimental Heart

You know what?

I never thought I was the type to be very homesick (I still am not, comparatively) but the thing is, whenever I see families in shopping malls, it just tears me up inside.

I dunno why, but it just does.

I feel this slight sadness nudging me, these families are like a sudden reminder that I'm far away from my family.

You know the proverb, Absence makes the heart grow fonder? Cliche it may be, but I guess it's true after all.

When I was with my family, I think I took them for granted. [Don't we always?] That they'll always be there for me, be there to bug me, be there to restraint my freedom etc.

But now I'm not with them, I miss my mother's naggings (can you believe that?!), my dad's reassuring presence, my sis's ramblings about her idol Daniel and my bro irritating me about whatever.

Sigh. Don't I sound like a sentimental old fool...

But I'm not.

Coz suddenly, in an unusual flash of inspiration, I know that family and frenz are one of the most important things in one's life. Never let life's other things take priority over our family and frenz! Never say you're too busy over work or whatever. You never know when it might be too late to show that you really care for them.

Gosh, I didn't know that I could be this mushy. *Wipes tear off and gives weak smile* Hey, it also makes me sound so much mature! :D

Hell, I think this might even have the caliber of being one of the defining posts of my blog. Wow.

Now, you must be wondering why I'm so emotional... Easy. Coz I'm going back to see my family this coming weekend. And I just can't wait!

Penang, here I come! I'm going to paint the town red! Muahaha~

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A moment of relavation?

Zzzyun said...

Hmm. Quite probable. :P