Friday, April 28, 2006

Surreal Realities

Okaayyy! I'm back home in that dear little island called Penang!! :D It's only been two months since I was last home but it feels so long ago! Omg, at first I even feel a bit foreign in my own home! :O

To tell you the truth, I feel like I'm existing in two separate realities.. Life has been rather surreal so far. Sometimes I can't believe that I'm already in medic school and has been surviving for two whole months on my own. Far away from the sheltered life with my family..

Now, I've to look out for everything (Yes, everything) on my own. If I don't, it is me myself that is going to face the [often disastrous] consequences.

I've to make sure I have a well-balanced diet *which I'm still working at, mind you*, make sure there is enough shampoo left, make sure that I can wake up at the correct time [which I failed twice so far, okla, not that bad right? lol]...

Basically, it just means a lot of planning ahead, being observant and alert at all times.

Difficult, right? That's what you get when you're alone, by yourself, lost in lonely city called KL. Haih, sometimes I just wish that there is someone who can look out for me, someone to take care of me when I'm down. :'(

But whatever. I don't want to be needy! Haha. I'm an independent woman~ Destiny's Child once sang. Well, learning to be one lah. :P

Anyway, I feel like I have returned a different person. (How come that reminds of the poem about Si Tenggang?)

People change, things change.

I feel like how I view things, my perspective is different already. And I feel I am heading in the right direction, to somewhere, to my calling in life or something. Hopefully I am right there.

Suddenly, my life is more purposeful, more focused, that I am not just some stupid mechanical robot doing what it is supposed to do.. :D Wow, what two months alone can do to a person...

Actually, it's not like there is a big earth-shattering change. It is the numerous tiny little changes that make me feel a different person. It's hard to pinpoint what...but wth, let me try. Hehe.

As one's mind gets more organized, point form so be it!

  • I'm definitely swearing more. Ok, not the f*** type (though sometimes when situations call for it, I can do it now without much hesitation), just the normal socially-acceptable ones.. Is that a good sign? You decide.

  • I'm speaking better English. It's getting very fluent. :D Before I came to KL, my english wasn't that bad, just that sometimes I get tongue-tied when I talk to someone who is intimidating or whatever. Now, hell I don't. [Mostly lah..] That's definitely an advantage.

  • I'm more aware of stuff happening around me. Last time, blur me didn't really bother about brands or prices (as in grocery shopping), or which roads lead to where. But now, I do. I have to, if I don't want to get lost, or conned. Aikz, the world can be a scary place.

  • Btw, I can cook eatable stuff now. Haha. I managed to cook spaghetti, porridge and chicken rice sometime back. Pls keep in mind that I don't have a stove so all this stuff is cooked using a rice cooker. Hey, necessity is the mother of innovation. Just can't wait to move and get a apartment with a stove!

  • I'm starting to know the value of money..! How true. I rmbed when my parents were paying for stuff, I didn't really feel the pinch. But, now forking out money for unimportant stuff makes me feel quite guilty sometimes. Bleh.

  • I'm more outgoing, sociable than before! Yayz! So far I have gotten to know quite a lot of batchmates and seniors! :D Mind you, there's like 200 ppl in each sem and there are 5 sems in all. And I am talking about medic only lo. But it's really FUN getting to know different types of ppl, there is such a plethora of colourful personalities around here! All with different pasts somemore!

  • I'm exercising more! Haha. Miss-used-to-be-PotatoCouch is changing! Yes, besides, the twice weekly session of akido that gives me regular bruises *Ouch!*, there are the weekly dance classes, not to mention the enormous amount of walking that I have to do to get to anywhere... Argh. And the girls and I were thinking of doing jogging, playing badminton and swimming next week!! Gosh, that is SO unlike the old me. But then, I'm changing for the better lah! I am totally aiming for a healthier lifestyle. But eating a lot of junk food when studying for tests though. lol. I quote my lecturer: "Medic students are notorious for eating junk." Tsk tsk. Poor us..

  • I am more up to trying new stuff!! Yes, very true! I have become more of a risk-taker, more fun-loving, more open, and more vibrant! God, in the span of two months, I have done so many things that I never thought I would do! For example, signing up for self-defense martial arts, trying out hip-hop classes, will be going to a Camp that is freaking cool in a fortnight... It can be anything new; I only listed the major ones though. Basically, it is just doing things that I never dreamt I would be doing. My new motto --> Living Life Loud! Hey, baby, we only live once, I wanna do it right. :D

  • For the first time in my life, I have to do regular studying! OMG! Ppl must be be thinking, holy shit, zy is studying regularly?? Yeah, baby~ What to do. Ppl here are generally rather hardworking (yes, there's a lot of library furniture!) and we, the lazy ppl get scared out of our minds looking at them, so much so that we HAVE to study too. T_T Talk about positive peer pressure. Now, I get it. Ironic.

  • Get this: A lot of ppl (including moi of coz) are on undivided agreement that the stuff we study these two months is the most we have ever studied in our entire lives. No kidding. Doing medic is no walk in the park.

Okla, I think that's it. Of coz, I'm giving you guys the general overview of things. I can't seem to rmb the minute things in my cluttered brain. :( You should know why. And I think there are other changes that I can't seem to rmb on the spot too. Whatever.

As long as there are (good) changes, it's all Good! :D Yayz!

No comments: