Friday, April 21, 2006

Do You Have The Aptitude...To Play Along?

Wanted to blog yesterday but got caught up in the library, not studying, mind you, but acting as library furniture. Haha. [In case you didn't know, 'library furniture' is a popular phrase here which means sleeping in the library...]

Bah. I tot that studying in the library would be better since I'd not be able to procrastinate so much... It was effective the first few days, but since I severely lack sleep now, sleeping in the library became almost second nature. Too bad for me.

Guess I shld rest more before continuing.

Anyway, what did I wanted to blog about? I kinda forgotten after crapping about the connection between library & furniture. Lol.

Oh ya, I forgot to tell you guys about something the seniors did to us during the first part of orientation. It was damn funny (to them, that is).

On the third day of class, we're supposed to sit for a Medical Aptitude Test... Which to me, sounded like some sort of IQ/EQ thingy, so I didn't bother.

But I heard some ppl took it pretty seriously, and was up all night preparing for it. Preparing as in studying, okay...! Crazy. At that time, I had practically returned everything I learnt to my teachers (am currently in the process of snatching it from them, lol) so no need to say anything la.

Lo behold, on the day of the test. There were papers! And questions (!!) asking things I've never for my life heard of. [Blame it on my pre-U. The bio I did was SO not sufficient okay!] Charm.

*Blinks* So it definitely wasn't an IQ/EQ test...

Btw, the 'reward' for coming out top is that he/she will have a private lounge or something. When I heard that, I was like, Ok, damn, that is SO elitist!

Anyway, there was I, sweating over my paper... I can't really rmb, but I think I managed to answer a few Qs.. *Shrugs* But biochem like Krebs cycle and glycolysis (which I'm learning now) was totally foreign to me. T_T

And my guess was that there were quite a few ppl sweating like me too... I see panicky faces and clammy hands!! :O Then, the time was up! And we're dead. :(

And this lecturer with a really chun British accent came to talk to us about our paper, and our student ID tags. He showed us that student ID tags have a blue line on them and then showed us his tag, which happened to be blue too... Which got me thinking, Eh, why the lecturer has a student ID tag???

*Drum roll* And the truth was then unveiled.. He was NOT a lecturer! Just a sem 3 senior! And my god, the whole exam was a HOAX!!

Brought to us specially by our nice seniors... :( Aikz.

Either they have too much time on their hands, or they're really stressed out by their studying la. Tsk Tsk. But I guess it was funny in a way. (I'm always one to see humour in things okayyyy...! Hehe.)

But seriously that guy really totally looked like a lecturer ok (he's a post graduate, and I think around 28 years old or smtg) and his British accent definitely rocks!! I want such an accent too!!! So CHUN~!!! :D Haha, I'm totally raving over it, aren't I? You gotta hear it, it's just damn cool! :P

By the way, I dunno whether I shld pity the ppl who stayed up all night to study. Haha. Isn't that a bit kiasu? Shucks to them! *First time I heard that not studying paid off! lol.*

Anyway, maybe we should repeat this welcoming present for the next batch! lol.

Heyyy, it's just only in the spirit of fun lah!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Library furniture... lol

Now that's what I call a euphuism.

*Checks wallet and wonders if IMU library will sell some of its furniture*

That trick won't work on me, I don't panic in the face of tough exam questions. I just sigh when I walk out :p

Anonymous said...

hahahaha...tough exam pulak.

well, the idea is nice...i like it.

but if i were told to study in the first place...i would probably dun care bout it oso lar...if i pay money for the course, and i am admitted into the sch, why shud i care for the 'aptitude test' which doesn't seem like sth real to me?

walk away with a shrug lar...haha ;-)

Zzzyun said...

Haha.. I didn't even think of studying b4 the test la... you know me la, where got so kiasu punya..? lol..

But tough exam Qs do make me sweat though... :'(

Btw, apparently, this aptitude test is some sort of tradition lo.. Hehe... And they do read all the 'stupid' answers leh... tsk tsk.