Saturday, March 24, 2007

PBLs & CSUs

Shld be doing something, actually anything remotely useful now but can't seem to find the energy to do anything of the sort. Except laze about, of coz. haha.

Well, woke up damn early yesterday morning for our own 1st extra csu session. (hey, mock OSCE is in 3 weeks' time leh, must practice or sure die!) And it definitely wasn't a good predictor had we not choose to practice beforehand.

First of all, thanks to Li Shan, the senior who came to guide us. Without her, we'd totally been LOST! aikz. All the knowledge that we'd learnt all this while seemed to have sipped away unawares. Besides, the difficult thing is tat we're all taught by different lecturers which hav different preferences in doing the physical examination... not to mention the different things tat were left out during the teaching sessions. blah.

Anyway, it was a really informative session, learnt lots!! Definitely need to have a few more sessions to make sure that I know my stuff well enough to answer the lecturers' Qs. Yikes! Must do well in OSCE coz I'm afraid tat they will make it stand alone during my time. (meaning if fail either 1 paper consider fail ade) o.O

Oh ya, need to thank Eugene too for offering to be our SP. =) Really helpful and knowledgable SP he is. haha.

---------------------------------------------------------

Then, there was PBL. Which was a disaster in imho. =( Unfortunately, I was leader for this week's trigger. And I knew hvta "chap sang" (cantonese for save myself) this week coz the scenario below often happens.

Leader: Okay, let's talk abt the pathophysiology of systemic lupus erytematous SLE). Anyone?
*silence till can hear a pin drop* [yesh I'm exaggerating but still... -_-"]
Leader: Erm... Right.
I'll talk abt the pathophysio then. Well, SLE is an autoimmune disease...

Yeah, so that's what happened yesterday. For almost every learning issue. Normally, there are a few individuals who are quite willing to help the leader out, but today, some of them seemed to have been hibernating (for certain reasons, I'm not blaming anyone okay).

Anyway, at least there were some ppl who tried to help, so I'm grateful. =) Some ppl are really smart, they can figure out stuff by themselves. I think that's so cool, I wish I can be like tat. To do that, well, back to the same old thing, I need to study more lo and rmb what I learnt... aikz.

Sometimes I wonder why some ppl do not want to share what they'd read or found out with others. They prefer to keep their mouths shut, listening to others talk. I tot that PBL is for learning together? yeah, right.

Sadly, I've almost given up all hopes on PBL since sometime ago. After so many untoward incidents. Bah. But I still remain hopeful for the future. ^v^ Now I use PBL to read up on stuff, as long as I do my part, sharing what I know with others, I consider my work done. I've fulfilled my responsiblilites as a PBL mate. Yeah.

sings: With PBLs and CSUs and accents we don't understand, it hard to be in IMU...

Don't understand? Watch a really cool video in the post below! (created by my seniors) Cheers!

2 comments:

AiLing said...

Woo...first reply... (dropping in after getting back from church)

You have a weird PBL group. For my PBL sessions, we...well most of us at least...have to 'rebut peluang' to speak out, because practically everyone wants to speak at the same time....quite the opposite...

Zzzyun said...

wow i really wished for tat sort of pbl group... its been 3 sems..

and i tot 3rd time lucky? lol.

anyway, appreciate them ya. =)