Sunday, March 04, 2007

Loneliness...

...is something that everyone of us would experience at different times of our lives.

It isn't exactly the nicest feeling in the world. A lot of people would go to crazy extremes just to shun it. But most ways to avoid it isn't effective at all, all it does is just shove the feeling aside for maybe a few hours. But after all the booze drinking and the partying, when you are all alone sitting in your house wondering how you got so drunk, the same feeling will overwhelm you once again in major bouts.

Some ppl try to convince themselves that they are not lonely by pouring all their energies into work. But at least it's smtg productive, compared to the clubbing scenario given above. But at the end of the day, they will have lots of money but still be lonely.

I'm a lucky person, I guess. Loneliness wasn't something that I had to deal with till recently.

I seemed to have forgotten how to be alone but not lonely.

Yes, yes I know the proverb - No man is an island. (And it applies to women too btw. -.-") Anyway, as humans, we definitely need to socialize, talk to other ppl etc. But let me tell you this, there are times when we need to learn how to be alone.

I used to be totally fine being on my own. I didn't really understand when ppl say they were lonely. I'd figure ways to spend time, either by reading storybooks or watching movies on my own. Or some other way to amuse myself lah.

But nowadays, "alone me time" is hard to come by, so when it does, I feel uneasy. Weird, even.

That is certainly not a healthy sign. Guess it's time I try to remember how to manage to be alone AND happy again.

Becoz the road ahead is not smooth at all. There are many obstacles. There will be definitely be times where I'll hvta be alone, on my own, in a foreign land, far far away from everything and everyone I've ever known.

I need to be strong. I need to re-learn how to do that soon. Pray that I'll manage to go thru this...

4 comments:

k0k s3n w4i said...

Being alone isn't easy, i'd agree. But one can get used to it.

Cross the bridge when you come to it. And good luck!

Zzzyun said...

yeah.. i really need to get used to being alone in preparation for the future.. sigh.

true. i better not think so far ahead. i can't exactly solve the problem when i'm only now predicting it. lol. and thks! ^^

mg said...

u'll get use to it when ur forced to. like me.. adapting is important.

Zzzyun said...

yeah true, adaptation is imp for evolution! lol...

hmm. dunno why but this loneliness only is more apparent when one starts a relationship..

i never had such probs b4... aikz