Here is the really simple recipe:
(no oven baking required! only baking weighing scales and measurement spoon needed)
- 1 egg
- 80g of butter
- 1/3 cup of sugar
- 1 cup of sultanas (raisins)
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence
- 225g plain biscuits crushed (I used Digestive biscuits coz it's healthier)
- Crush the biscuits into tiny crumbs. The finer the better.
- Crack the egg into a small bowl and beat it till its colour lightens.
- In a medium saucepan, add the butter and sugar.
- Heat and stir till the butter and sugar dissolves and bubbles.
- Remove it from heat, add the vanilla essence and beaten egg. Mix it well.
- Then stir in the crushed biscuits and sultanas, mixing it thoroughly. (I added some white choc chips in here too!)
- Press the mixture well and flat in a container and while still warm, cover the top with the icing. (will be mentioned how to make below)
- As you can see, I'd added some chocolate chips right onto the icing! I love choc chips!
- Then chill it in the fridge for a few hours. (It's up to you how long actually, coz I did mine overnight.)
- 1 tablespoon of water
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 50g of choc pieces (the type for baking sort)
- In another saucepan, combine the brown sugar, butter and water.
- Stir over low heat until it is dissolved.
- Bring to a boil.
- Then take off the heat and add the choc pieces stirring until they are dissolved and let it cool for 5 mins or until good spreading consistency.
- OR you can do it this way. For me, I added the choc pieces in straight after, but to prevent the chocolate from being burnt, heat it using the double boiler method.
- After that, spread the icing evenly onto the biscuits mixture which you had press evenly into a container just now.
- After taking it out of the fridge, cut it into small bite sized pieces.
- You can eat this on its own or add it to vanilla ice cream, it tastes absolutely heavenly!
- Serve and enjoy the sweet goodness! ^v^
To make the fudge brownie in the picture above, I had doubled everything in this recipe as I wanted a thicker slice. Especially more icing haha!
Btw, I'd made some modification to the original recipe, hope you don't mind, Michelle! (I minus out some of the sugar and butter as the first attempt was a bit too sweet/oily, and since I'd added some choc chips too!)
Original recipe can be found here.
Isn't it so simple? This dessert is definitely a favourite of mine. :D Yes, I have a sweet tooth! haha.. Anyway, hope you guys will like it too! Lemme know how it turns out.