Thursday, December 04, 2008

Listen

I realised that what I have always wanted has always been that - an escape.

I know I said that a few months ago, but apparently some things do not change. Some things are IMPOSSIBLE to change.

Why do I even keep making these futile attempts?

It's like I am the child who plays with fire, who still foolishly continue to play with it, even though I know it's hot and will burn me.

Maybe I'm a coward for wanting to runaway. But I finally came to the realisation that sometimes, there are some things in life that can't be changed, no matter how much I try.

It's true the chinese proverb: "it is easier to change the landscape of a land, than to expect a person to change his character".

And the only thing one can do to make oneself happier is to put some distance between the negative thing and oneself.

People often use their own circumstances, their own experiences as a sort of measure - at times without even trying to put themselves in others' shoes.

Sometimes, all I want is someone who can understand and not judge me by what I'm saying. To listen to me with an open mind.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

I wrote that last night but couldn't post it up as something went wrong with the internet halfway.

Anyway, I think I've found someone who will really listen. :) Thank you for the nice FB message! You know who you are.

Now, I think I finally know why people often like to come to me with their problems. Coz I listen with an open heart and an open mind. I try my best to understand their situation and put myself in their shoes, and think "if it was me, how would I feel?"

If you keep judging people whenever others tell you their problems, they would not want to confide in you the next time. Coz what's the point?

It's easy to HEAR but not easy to LISTEN.

No comments: