Monday, April 30, 2007

Sweeping The Dust Off

This topic has been discussed to death but I shall plod on with my own interpretation of the subject.

Friends. Your second family after your real family. The closest people that you will come to depend upon, especially when you're a few hundred km/miles from your real family. Those who have been thru this will certainly nod their heads in ackowledgement.

I really really admire and envy those who have been good frenz since childhood/primary school/high school till now. Somehow gives a real meaning to the phrase "Frenz Forever" don't you think? =) I could never boast of that, since my frenz and I were often separated thru a series of rather unfortunate events after finally bonding and becoming comfy with each other.

Hereforth, I shall remisnice abt my personal friendship history, so to speak. [but of coz, no names ya]

Primary School:

That is kinda blury. (hey, my memory ain't that good already to start in the first place, right?) But I definitely remember that from most of my "best friends" that I made were sent to a different class every next year. And that was how our friendship wiltered. Maybe we're just too young.

In standard 5, I met you. You were different, but not in a good way. You taught me how to be mean, and I followed you around. My excuse was that I was impressionable? -_- Luckily in standard 6, I'd finally seen you with my real eyes. And in the end, I became good frenz with the person that you dissed for no reason. (I shall name her as Fruity) Ironic, isn't it? Well, we make our mistakes. *shrugs*

High School:

I tot I could continue being good frens with you, Fruity. However, you became a school prefect (one of the much hated groups! o.O) and I was a self-proclaimed rebel. And the distance btw us grew wider and wider. Saddened, somehow I met another bunch of frenz. They were smart and witty. So we became good frenz from then on.

However, smtg bad happened during the 3rd year. Another person invaded our space and things were never the same again, however hard we tried to breach the gap. (complete story here and here) That was one of the crucial turning points in my life. I was really hurt that time, and kept everything inside till I almost wanna "explode" emotionally . After cooling down, I told myself that I'm never hurting myself that way again and swore that I'll just tell everybody whatever was on my mind. No more bottling up...! [experiences do shape what we become in a way] So maybe you peeps might understand a little more abt why I turned out to be who I am today = someone that is too outspoken for her own good.

Anyway, continue the story. My grades plunked significantly then (and I'd like to blame it on that incident but, who knows...) and I was sent back one class. A class with people that were very foreign to me. But my disappointment turned to happiness when I met another group of frenz that brought me lots of joy. Those days were really good happy days. I miss those days, although they were short-lived. :D

In the fifth year, I was sent back to the first class coz I've managed to pull back my grades. I finally got what I wanted, but I really miss those frenz. We tried our best to remain tight as a gang, but our efforts were nothing but a futile fight put against fate. We plan outings and hang outs... it was something out of a feeling that was fast fading, but better than nothing. Till this day, we do keep in contact now and then. So I'm still glad. ^v^

Fifth year in the original class? I was more distant I guess. Didn't really want anything dramatic with that other group. Guess I was just emotionally tired. Nothing really special. The tightness of that special old bond was sought after but could never be returned, although we did tried. But at least we do remain in irregular contact till now. I'm happy that they are doing well. =)

Tuition Centres:

Fourth year in high school was the first time I went to a tuition centre (before this all were private small classes) I'd like to say that it was Fate that brought us together. We just became fast frenz... a gang of us that studied together during classes, ate fries with mayonaisse and talked crap during breaks. Really really miss those happy times. It was great fun! *eyes turned glassy with memories* I met one good fren there and most of us still keep in touch nowadays. Though I feel that what we're doing now is still not enough. We must add oil in keeping this bond intact! I really treasure it~!! ^o^

College:

A year of new discoveries. The same curse striked and a good fren that I became close with left the college not long after. But we still keep in contact and she gives me good advice now and then. She's really different and do things her own way, and I admire her for that. =) After her departure, it was more like downhill all the way. It was the first time I kena backstabbed by someone I tot was a fren, but I shall not talk more abt that. (complete story here) It really opened my eyes to the ways of the world. Who can blame me if I'm a little cynical? Been there, done that.

University (still in the making):

I guess in the end, naive me was still hoping that I could experience true friendship in its purest form. Maybe I had, I dunno. Maybe I will come to a conclusion in the future. Anyway, [I dunno how many of you'd be reading this] but I wanna say I'm very happy to have the luck to meet you guys here (both girl and guy gang) and I really appreciate the times we have together. Of coz, since most of us stay in Vista, of coz, we would spend more time together compared to normal frenz. It wasn't all happy joyful times, but hey, sad times and conflicts do strengthen the bond, don't they? ^o^

We basically do almost everything together. We study, gossip, eat, chill, talk crap, hang out together. That's what I meant earlier when I said friends are like your second family. yeah. Anyway, most of us would be parting ways slightly more than a year later - thinking of this bring tears to my eyes - but it's smtg that is inevitable.

But at least we had some fun times, didn't we? Well, let's hope that we will use the time left wisely and treasure it for a loooong time to come. Cheers!

Smtg tells me that after uni life, real friendship is smtg hard to come by again, especially among colleagues. Maybe I'll discuss that in a later post. I didn't want to believe this (see? naive!), but this is what others told me.

Right, so far my story is up till now. The future is up to us to weave! (^v^)v

= Life life so there are no regrets! =

2 comments:

eve said...

Friends come and friends go. My uncle once said that "if you have 10 people to call your close friends, who would help you like your family would, you are blessed".

With a personality like yours, it's easy to become friends with you. You had this little shell around you some time back but it's great to see that you have gathered courage to allow people to get closer to you.

Friendship is about taking your deepest feelings, your vulnerabilities, the essence of you... putting it in people whom you chose carefully... and trusting them to care for it.

Zzzyun said...

"friends come and friends go". how true. i think what ur uncle say is true. and i think i'll try to make that one of my goals. =)

i'm flattered that u say that i'm easy to become frenz with (coz recently havent been feeling that way) i'm not entirely sure whether i've gotten rid of that "shell" but yeah, i'm trying to muster courage to let ppl get closer.

"Friendship is about taking your deepest feelings, your vulnerabilities, the essence of you... putting it in people whom you chose carefully... and trusting them to care for it."


i totally agree that! it's smtg that is risky but u do it with care all the same. but sometimes i'm just worried whether i did right and will i regret it in the future. but i'd rather have no regrets over doing smtg wrong than NOT doing at all. yeah. ^^