Friday, August 18, 2006

My High School Stories

Had a great time last evening! I went to see one of my best frenz, Ah Yang... So long didn't see her ade! Missed her a lot! *muacks* :D We talked for almost 4 hours straight, stopping only for dinner! Hey, we have a lot of catching up to do lah! Haha..

Anyway, what do girls do when they get together? They GOSSIP! Hehe...

She updated me on a lot of stuff that's been happening in my classmates' F6 class nowadays. Woah, so much DRAMA pulak!! o.O All this while moi the drama queen is away! Huff. Okla, just kidding, I'm no drama queen lah. *winks* Last time when I was in high school, life was usually pretty much the same everyday. Or maybe I just keep a low profile lah. Hehe.

Of coz, although the gossip is SUpEr JuiCy *licks lips* but I cannot say here lah, right? Code of honour lah. Hehe. But really, I'm still reeling a bit from the events she told me. Hard to believe lah!! Tsk tsk...

Okla, I shall not say anymore abt that as I'm building up suspense but not telling wo. You all will sure beat me up wan.. o.O

Anyhow, I do have some stories to tell. Rmb this incident that turned me cynical? Ah, I've more to divulge about it. Coz as stories go, it's not always so simple, right?

The characters:

  • X - one of my best frenz that I've known since F1. The very same one in that incident.

  • K - also one of my good frenz since F1. Nice girl, easy to get along with.

  • J - Primary sch fren of K. And the ONLY person that I can safely say that I'm utterly disgusted with so far in my entire short life. Don't worry, the dislike was mutual. Hehe. She totally smelt of bad news the 1st time I met her. And lemme tell you, my instinct is pretty accurate so far..

  • R - Fren of J. Only gotta know her during F5. Not so good news either.

And the story-telling shall begin.

Once upon a time, in the yummy food land of penang, 3 girls (X, K and me) met at a fateful encounter during their 1st high school year. Things were rosey until J came into the picture. Then that incident lingered for around a few months. Tensions were mounting but ebbed away when I was in a different class from them in my F4 year.

I decided to start anew and made many frenz for life in that year alone! Sometimes ppl in the 1st class can be a bit more difficult to make frenz with lo. Sorry lah, that's just what I feel lo. Ppl I've known for 3 years were no match for ppl I knew in that 1 year. Not saying all lah, some I guess. They judged me before they knew me. :( It's one of the reasons I try not to judge others. Coz I was a victim before.

Anyway, back to the story. It was in this year that R then joined this little clique in my absence. Nothing wrong with that.. until later.

Dunno whether to consider myself fortunate or unfortunate, but I'd the (mis)fortune of going back to the 1st class in my F5 year. Was a bit apprehensive of whether should I join back my clique but I did in the end. I was more mature then [I hoped] so I did managed to tolerate J for my other frenz' sake. But they'll know the truth in the end! (And they did, we shall see how the story goes...)

Anyhow, I do feel rather indignant when I just got to know the fact that R didn't like me talking so much coz she felt that I've less right than her to talk so much in that group! Wtf!! She was the latecomer and I never feel anything like that towards her and she dare say things like that about me! Just becoz I was absent for a year does not make my friendship with the others for the earlier 3 years non-existent, okay?! And she only knew them for 1 year only too! @#$^%$^*@!!!

But enough said. Such ppl are not worth my time. *flicks hand nonchalantly* Just tot that it'll make good blogging content and once I've vented it out, I feel better. *takes deep breaths* Hehe. Ok, better now! :)

-------------------------------------------------------

Ah ha. The story's not done yet. Still got another different part.

I shall attempt to ''diagnose" what's freaking wrong with J. I have just come up with a theory from years of attempting to read ppl. Let's see if it holds water.

J was a bitchy snob. *sorry for the strong language but then she must be quite something if I dislike her to sucha extent, isn't it? And I try too accept all ppl as a rule* Her hobby is putting ppl down (opinion of general populace, not mine alone), almost everyone she could think of, except those that have potential to be useful to her. Ppl who helps her in studies, ppl who could ferry her here to and fro etc.

I felt that the reason that J didn't really like me much was becoz she was envious of me as I've so many things that she doesn't have. She was born into a not so wealth-off family and I've a sneaking suspicion that she suffers from an Self-Inferiority Complex!! (my diagnosis) as she always felt that her position in society was too low for her liking. All her own thinking actually, coz we never really cared about those stuff. Aikz.

And one that made her dislike me all the more was the fact that I wasn't going to take her insults lying down. (Sorry lah, that's so not me okay!) And I often retaliate with sarcastic/witty comments that she couldn't match due to unproficiency in English and my unique personality. :P

Another thing that made her resent me besides that was the fact that I wasn't afraid of her. [C'mon, why shld I be? *raised eyebrow*] Well, I must admit that she does have a habit of striking fear mixed with dislike in others' hearts. But not mine, unfortunately. So I guess you can say that she met her match in me. No wonder she didn't like me. Hehe.

And there are some other notions that support my current hypothesis of her self-inferiority complex.

Coz I just found out from my fren that J was taking many "supplement classes" nowadays even though she is already pressed for time for studies. The classes? Quite interesting ones imho.

French lessons, playing some music instrument (violin if I'm not mistaken), flower arranging and fine dining. Okay, I made the last one up lah. But I wouldn't put it past her to take it up if she knew about it. Ha.

All this sort of classes supposedly have the connotation or value of upgrading one's status in society, doesn't it? In an attempt to make oneself more refined and blah blah blah... *rolls eyes* Puhlease~ [but if you really want to learn for the purpose of learning, it's cool with me, of coz. But solely for "upgrading" oneself in society? Really~ *shakes head*]

If you ask me, even though one can converse in a few hundred languages and know which spoon to use while drinking what soup but still has a black heart filled with evil thoughts, sorry lah, in my book, you're so not refined okay. Get this, girl: It comes from within. So there!

I wonder if my theory is correct onot. Any ideas, peeps? Comments pls!

And the fitting ending to this little tale would be for me to find out that X and K are no longer good frenz with J. Ha! Guessed they finally saw her for what she was in the end. Thank God!

Unfortunately, J is now on "intimate terms" with one of the prettiest and smartest girl in the form. (What a pity lah!) Definitely a people-user this one! But I won't say more about this lest I go too far. Beware, peeps, health hazard! lol. But to each of her own I guess.

The truth will prevail. And time will reveal all truths. As long as I'm truthful to my conscience, I'll not live in fear.

And this is how the story ends. [dunno got more onot, hmm..]


PS: Hey, not I purposely want to talk abt this old past again wan, you know. She's the one still dragging my name down even though I can say to have sever all ties with her. Still talking behind my back even though it's such old news ade. *Grrrr*

To think it in another way though, Woah, I must have sucha significant impact in her life for her to want to still talk bad about me! Hahaha! I had the last laugh! She must be so furious if she does get to read this post... probably hit a nerve too, the hypothesis part.. Muahaha~ *evil smile*

PPS: Eh, don't say I'm an evil person lah, okay? This person was totally asking for it lah. Only you all never had the misfortune of meeting her lah. -_-

No comments: