Saturday, January 21, 2006

Bimbotic? Nah.

This was what was said to me a fren (via IM) when I was whining "griping" about the fact that I'm still single. :P (The truth was, I was teasing her about her bf, when the subject suddenly turned onto me. Diversionary tactics? O_o lol.)

Just a gist ok, coz I can't rmb what she said, word for word.

Aiya. You're quite pretty what *Ahem ahem*... Also know how to dress nicely, wear high heels summore... Guys sure like this type of girls one...

What was my first reaction? Oh, it was a weird mixture of feeling flattered and offended all at once. Strange, right?

No need to explain why I felt flattered la, unless you've peanuts for brains. :P

So why was I offended at such "high praise"? Coz what she described me as, it sounded like I was SO bimbotic!! :O

Which I can quite well assure you, I'm NOT. (Hopefully)

Anyway, I decided in the end that this was not her real intention. She might not even understand the underlying sarcastic innuendos in this very statement. Even less so why I might find it offending to be described as a bimbo. Blek.

So I let it go, and tried to be exhilarated with this comment. *Smiles*

But after some thought, I decided it might be funny to record this down though. :D lol.

Btw, aren't you guys (as in males) offended by the other innuendo inserted in the last statement?

A double entendre, perhaps? Become a double-edged sword pula. :O

I'm still laughing out loud, imagining myself as a raven-haired bimbo. Hahaha...

PS:- Click here for the exact meaning of bimbo. I find some ppl are confused about the meaning of this word. So I decided to look up Wikepedia for clarification. :P

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hehe.. she made guys sound cheap and superficial d. =P

i'm sure not all guys fall for only the 'dress nicely, wear high heels' girls. =) those who do and who do not take in consideration of other qualities a girl might have, is not worth our time. YOU GO GIRL! lol.

Zzzyun said...

Yeah, you are right!! I totally agree!

Besides, I don't think that I "dress that nicely" to warrant such high praise.. :D

I only do that once in a blue moon. :P

Anyway, if what u said would to happen, meaning all guys only go for that sort of girl, then we'll face a sudden decrease in population... coz: 1) not enuf girls for demand, :P 2) I don't think that sort of girls are very interested in children (not the process la!)

LOL..