Saturday, January 21, 2006

Useful Japanese Phrases

Was reading reviews about books when I came across this. A Japanese language-learning book. You know, those self-learning types.

It seems pretty cool though. But I'm not investing money/time to learn it just yet. I'm too lazy. Maybe in the not-so-distant future la. [At least I know Chinese, which is pretty useful.] Haha. Looks like I'm honest too. :P

Ok, so I'm just going to write down a few useful phrases of Japanese here for future reference. You never know when it might come in useful. Ok, just the pronounciation, right? :)

Anata wa eigo o hanashimasu ka? - Do you speak English?

Hai, sukoshi hanashimasu. - Yes, I speak a little.

Sore wa ikura desu ka? - How much is it?

Toire wa doko desu ka? - Where is the toilet?

Iie, wakarimasen. - No, I don't understand.

Tasukete! - Help!

Ok, I'm done. Now to throw away that piece of paper. *I hate clutter! :P* Ok, cya!

PS: Hey, Kryptos, this book seems pretty useful for you, no? You can consider buying it. :) I forgot the name of the book ade though. Check yourself. It's in the Sunday mail.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

oui!
where u from? i couldn't see on the google map...we are in singapore.
do u visit here?
come see daddy!
write me: mexican1948@yahoo.com
cheers
david

Zzzyun said...

Hi. I'm from Penang, Malaysia...which is rather clearly written in my profile.

You're from Singapore? Then you shld know where that is, since it's just nearby!

Ya. i visted your blog ade.

Anonymous said...

come, come, come! whoever wants to learn nihongo can come to me! RM600 a month! cheap cheap only! :P heheh, juz joking, k? i'm merely at the level of a primary one student!

Zzzyun said...

LOL... You sure have "cheap" fees for someone who has the level of a primary student!!

What's nihongo btw?

I wish I could learn Japanese but it's too hard and I'm too lazy. Sigh. :(

Anonymous said...

"nihon" = Japan
"go" = language
it's not too hard. especially for chinese-ed students.
juz belanja me makan n i'll teach u! ;P