Wednesday, January 11, 2006

House-Hunting

Haha. Now I'm going to do a little house-comparing here. Can ah? My first time on my own leh. [Not yet la, but soon! I can't wait!] I can taste FreeDom~! =Woo=

Anyway, I'm going to list down the pros and cons of the 2 apartments I saw on Sunday. The first one was in Block B, supposedly the nearest to the uni but... it isn't exactly. :P In the end, decided on one in Block C, also walking distance from the uni.

Pros of the one in Block C (i.e my choice):

  1. The rent's cheaper, only RM1150 per month, not inclusive of water and electricity bill though. The owners will foot the maintenance bill. That's standard procedure. :) See? I'm learning. :P The first apartment's rent was like RM1200 per month! Hmm. The owner didn't even want to bargain at all. Besides, the first one is found thru an agent, meaning we'll need to spend extra paying her too. Nah, not worth-it.

  2. It's more furnished compared to the first one, which was practically empty except for a few kitchen cabinets which they couldn't take with them anyway. The one in Block C have a washing machine, fridge, 3 air-cons, wardrobe, carpet and some chairs. Wayyyy better, right? :P

  3. It is way cooler [literally!] than the first one. The first one was facing the sun and so hot! Besides, the scenery outside the window was so blah--looking at another (dirty)apartment! Eww. The second one was nicer, when you opened the windows, can see nice green hills. :D

  4. The 2nd one was definitely cleaner too. So, that means we won't need to clean up so much if we take the second one. Good~ I hate cleaning. lol.

  5. Erm, the 2nd owner is okay if we bank in the cheque straight away. No need to come and collect and all. The first one said she'll come and collect (even hinted a spot-check leh) Har. Got such thing one ah? Of coz take the easy option la. Good also this way, no need to carry so much money from the ATM, right?

  6. The 2nd owner works as an event manager for (local) artises. He was also the one who brought in the Indonesian rock band -- Peter Pan, to perform in Msia. He even said that if had we come earlier, we could go and meet the band all, maybe even get special discount on tickets. Cool~ Of coz, I only heard of the band from Tv or smtg, never heard the songs, but apparently my face lighted up a tad too much and he tot that I was a fan or smtg. He said and I quote: "Eh, very few Chinese like these sort of Indonesian rock bands." I had to clarify in the end. *Paiseh* Btw, it was real funny coz my uncle tot it was the cartoon peter pan, at least my dad is in the know. Hehe. Anyway, this is good coz if he happens to be managing to some of my fav artises or smtg, that means I can get great prices la! Yayz! Syiok~

  7. Right, although from the outside, Block B is nearest, but when u need to get to the house, it takes a lot of winding and walking. While walking to Block is slightly farther, it is far easier to get to the house, just straight take away the lift then reach ade. So in the end, it takes almost the same time to reach both houses. But block C one not so complicated. :P Haha. Besides, I'm not really good at directions. lol.

I can't think of anymore. Seems to be pretty one-sided, right? So, it was practically a no-brainer, so to speak. Of coz I chose the second one la.

Thus ends my own private analysis on house-hunting. Of coz, we shld have seen more houses before deciding, but we saw one family looking at the uni and stuff, and they seem to be looking for accomodation too, since they're clutching the same piece paper as we had. So, we decided to quickly grab the best opportunity we have before it was lost.

Wee~ I got a house now! My future home for the next 2 and a half years. I think I'm going to bring some stuff to decorate it since it's going to look real empty after they move out. Yeah. I just can't wait!!!

And I still have more than 1 month to go. Guess I better enjoy it while it lasts. Re-lax! Have Fun! :D

*I'm sure some ppl are glaring at me coz I can still enjoy life. Why not envy those who can still enjoy for a few more months? I have like only about 5 weeks left. Aiya, so fast ah...*

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, lucky u! Got a house so fast! I'm still struggling with mine...but of coz, mine is in tassie..er..harder. U got a place sooo nice! Got swimming pool summo! wahhhh...u r really enjoying life~

Zzzyun said...

Haha. Yeah, quite lucky too. :D

Abt the swimming pool, every block also has one. So it's not like I'm the only one. lol.

I wonder how much free time I'll have to go swimming. :(

Hope that you get your accomodation done soon! Good luck!