Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Summary of Day in KL

Hi guys! I'm back! Actually I was back last night, but was too tired to blog lah. Two to-and-fro journeys to kl in one day is no joke. I was rather tired but of coz nothing compared to my dad lah, who is the one who has to drive. Haih.

Yesterday was pretty exhausting leh. :( I had to endure abt 9 hours (!!) of practically non-activity for my legs (coz 2 journeys ma) with a lot of activity in between those two trips. Which totally caused my non-athletic legs to complain about the undue stress I was laying on them, and they had their revenge by giving me sore muscles! Ouch~

Anyway, on the way there, I was pretty awake but I kept yawning like alot. Coz I couldn't go to sleep so early the previous night. Guess it might have been because of the unearthly hours I've been keeping lately. :P Well, we set out at 6:30am [damn early I know, but we needed more time to go house-hunting ma] and fetched Dory on the way.

The journey there was rather boring, which consisted of chatting dad or Dory, listening to my mp3 and lots of turning & turning *i.e. trying to sleep*. =Aikz= We stopped at the Tapah rest area and some food (lunch i guess) before going on. We reached kl around 11am. Now~ for the real action to begin! :)

We stopped at my uncle's place first since we'll need directions and all. Both of my uncles decided to go house-hunting with us too. When we reached there, me & dory was kinda disappointed that the uni is a bit erm..in need of paint. If I ever get onto student council, I'm going to suggest that they use the tons of money they earn for some major repainting of the uni. Anyway, we called some of the contacts provided by the uni, but unfortunately, most were ade filled up!

In the end, we called one of the agents and we went to the cafe in the uni to try out the food while waiting for her. Well, the food choices are alot but unfortunately, the prices are ALOT too! Argghh... RM12 for western food?! Omg. The only eatables ones are the cheaper ones (i.e. RM5) for imu students only. And they dun offer great food, only stuff like noodles or smtg. Ish. I think I'm going for cater. Well, at least for dinner la. Lazy to go out ma sometimes. Then when I get sick of the food, I'll just change caterer. :P Hehe.

We only had some drinks coz still kinda full. Then, the agent came and showed us the house. It was in Block B (supposedly the nearest to the uni). But after looking at it, we decided that we didn't really like the house and...the price.

Later, we called up another person, actually a malay family who stays at Block C [quite near too]. We went to look at the house and it was quite good! We took an instant liking to the place. So after some debating, we decided to take the house lo. My dad wrote a check for the deposit and yes, we've got ourselves a condo! Woo~ *It's more like a condo than an apartment coz we have some basic facilities like swimming pool etc.*

Yes!! I got a house~ *Does dance of joy*

And so that was that. Later I'm going to do a post abt the pros and cons about each place. Now a bit tired to type it all out anyway.

After that, we went for a late lunch at a coffeeshop. I must say, KL food is so expensive and it is not so nice leh. Penang food rocks! :D Then, we went to another uncle's house in Subang to pay him & his family a tiny visit lo. Talked for a while before setting off. We only refreshed ourselves a little b4 setting out the boring return journey. But I think at least I returned in a lighter mood la. Good~

We arrived in penang around 10pm and boy, was my legs sore! But I still watched tv a while before going to bed.

Wow, what a day~

No comments: