Sunday, January 01, 2006

Happyyy New Year (Edited)

Ah ha. My first post for this brand new year! Woo~

Happy New Year, everyone! 2006 ade!!

Anyway, last night (or should I say morning?) was Fun! :D

Ok, I didn't go out with frenz [ahem, I don't think my uber conservative parents would be happy with that] but I DID go countdown ah... I went with my cool aunt & her hubby! Hehe. Consider that as a replacement for not being able to go countdown with my frenz lo. :)

Well, I'll try to cut down on the crap coz I'm kinda tired right now. Slept like only 4 hours? Oh gosh. Going out later too.

Anyway, she was supposed to come and fetch me at noon but apparently there was smtg wrong with her car, so she only came around 5pm. Waited so long for her, ya know? Had to un-bored myself by watching a rerun of Mean Girls... Haha.

Well, we're off around 5:30pm and we went to have seafood (yum) at Batu Maung with my grandparents, 2 aunts and their husbands. Quite nice the food. I especially like the dish of soft-shelled crabs leh. Hehe. They ordered alot leh, I wondered how they're able to eat so much. lol.

Then, we went to rest at my aunt's house first. *Eh, the elderly need to rest, right? Not me lah. Haha.* After some more food (ice-cream and fruits!), we had to send my grandparents home before going out... After dropping them, we went cruising around looking for a place to go CoUntDowN!! lol. Wanted to go to Gurney at first but the traffic jams were like mad, alright? Haih. - Edited part starting- Was looking forward to seeing my frenz there but what to do, I'm not the one driving. Blek~

Anyway, we were cruising around and saw that there was a pretty fun party at E-Gate. We decided to stop there to enjoy the atmosphere. There was quite a lot of ppl there, (of coz not as many as the crowds at Gurney) but it was still okay. Well, there was a rave party insides themed The Arrival but the entrance fee was like RM35 okay? I might go in if I've been with frenz, but... =Aikz=

Well, we spent our time ppl-watching and mind you, there quite a lot of variety of ppl to watch lo. =P

And just lidat, 2006 arrived. The deejay was rather lousy, I think he kinda lost track of time and started the countdown from 7, 6, 5..... And the music was on so loud that his voice could barely be heard at all. Lousy~

And once 12:00am struck, these teens started spraying themselves and their frenz with these spray cans of string and fake snow. I want one to play too!! Haha. Next year, I'll surely buy one liao. lol.

There were fireworks too, quite pretty, but funnily the nearer ones were only let off later, like 15 mins later 12am ok.... Later only post up the pics ya. The only fireworks let off to usher in the new year was at the butterworth side, so wasn't really clear. Btw, we had a really fantastic view of Penang Bridge from there. Cool! :)

We stayed till around 1am before deciding that it was time to make a move. We then went to Kayu (Mamak) to have summore food! *At this rate, my weight is going to balloon wayyy up...! Eeks!* Well, sensitive issues aside, ahem ahem, we had a roti tisu and a roti canai. The roti tisu totally crumbled b4 it arrived. :(

After eating it all, which took quite long, we were ready to go home [home as in my aunt's home]. I was overniting at her place. - Edited part finished - I wasn't beat yet, but I guess my aunt and uncle were. Haha. After taking bath etc, we watched a little tv before they decided they cannot stand it ade, so they went to bed.

I stayed awake till 4am in the morning. Spent some quality time with the tv, then with my mp3 and this book my dad gave me, titled: The Life of A Doctor. Hmmm. Pretty useful I guess.

Then it was snooze time. Actually I still feel pretty awake but decided that I really need to sleep or I'll faint the next day la.. Haha.

Ok, will continue later. Byez~

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

countdown with ur aunt??? hmmm, that's something, erm, "out of the ordinary"!
there was a fireworks display in pesta too. damn noisy and polluted the air. blek!

Anonymous said...

Heck... I was in the kitchen when it struck midnight, trying to make miracles in a pot and end up getting pushed aside by my sis and cousin. Hmph!

Zzzyun said...

Kryptos5> haha... I like fireworks displays (if someone can find a way to get rid of the smoke) coz they're so beautiful!!

Next year, I think I'll go coutdown with my frenz instead.

That might be more fun, though I'd have to spend my own money liao. :P

Suntzu2> Haha. U countdown-ed in the kitchen?

What a way to usher in the New Year!

What is it with guys that can cook and girls that cannot nowadays?

A reversal of roles?? lol.

Anonymous said...

haha.. dun mind kryptos. he's cranky when it comes to celebrations :P

sigh.. i hvn't been to see a fireworks display in two years (bon odori).

Zzzyun said...

*wonders why he's so cranky*

Celebrations are FuN! :D

but i think from now on, I'm going to celebrate with frenz. It'd definitely be more fun! lol.