Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Living For Broadband

Before my review abt the movie, I suddenly rmbed smtg that is kinda important -- to me, that is.

Anyway, it's about the internet connection at my future home...!

The area is Jaring area leh!!! Arggh. This is bad. Coz do you know what it means? No Streamxy!!

I was totally disappointed after hearing that. :( Coz I live for the internet. Haih. Yalah, addicted ade la.

Well, on the positive side, I'm very sure that this will in turn gimme a lot more time to study though. Wonder whether this is an evil plan hatched by the uni when they deciding where to build uni. But prob not. Coz at that time, there was still no such thing as broadband! Heck, I wonder if they had internet then. :P

Anyway, I was thinking that this is about the only grudge I can find about my future home. But it is a serious flaw in my eyes. Haha. But then I found out smtg else.

I was lamenting to a fren abt the lack of broadband there, when he suddenly told me that Jaring is just starting their very own Broadband.

Yes meh? *Jumps and down in Joy*

Click here for the details.

However, after surfing the many forums discussing said broadband, I found out that (rumour only la, not sure) Jaring Broadband BLOCKS ALL P2P!!!!!

OMG.

Same thing la. Means I won't be able to get my daily quota of downloaded songs lah. Sigh.

*Disappointed face*

Well, I could blog at the very least. (And I'd still have normal internet access ah...) :P I'm sure you all will be happy abt this. But as I said earlier, less regular updates once I start. Hell, I'm sure I'll be rather busy too. :(

Beside, my dad says to see how everything goes first before applying for stuff. True too. Coz the minimum contract time to apply for this Jaring Broadband is 2 freaking years!! And how does one know whether it is as good as it says?

The Streamxy is such an example of broken promises. With its erratic connection and lousy customer services. *I called the other day but to no avail. Ish.* Maybe it's becoz they're monopolysing the whole market. Maybe with this new broadband out [i.e competition], they might improve their services abit. Hope so.

So, if I really feel the urge to blog, I must use the uni's connection lah. Argh. Hope it's good.

Oh well. I'll decide when the time comes.

On another note, my Un-Colouring of my previous posts is going on quite well. I think I still have about half left. Which is around 100 over leh. No kidding.

This is getting boring. Sigh. Thus the lack of posts recently. Sorry la. Will blog more when I'm done with it.

Of coz, must blog more la, coz when go to uni, cannot blog as much as I want ade lo. :(

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

firstly, i'm innocent...
secondly, heheh, so u're going to return to the stone age! 0_o, that's too bad! :P

Anonymous said...

*Considers the packages offered by Jaring, and the fact that P2P is blocked*

To sum up what I think about it, I'd like to quote General Anthony McAuliffe:

"Nuts!"

Then again, what choice do we have?

Maybe you just let me know what songs you want, and I'll just download it and send it over.

Its about time I return a favour.

Zzzyun said...

Kryptos5> *Sigh*

Returning to the stone age, and without the mammoth (vehicle) summore too!

SuntzuII> Yeah, I was considering doing that, asking for direct downloads from frenz.

But that's kinda troublesome, and not mentioning the rate at where I download songs is massive summore! :(

Btw, don't forget abt the "stable" connection that you have. It wont be easy downloading songs. Haha.