Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Welcome To The Dark Side

Just a teenie short update! Did you notice that I changed the header of my blog again??

What do you think? Comments pretty puh-lease!!

With my recent experimenting with photoshop, I can say I'm pretty please with this work. I added the cool dark edges, and tot some bloody grass for landscape wud be so gothic! I also photoshopped in the dark dripping stains on the upper edge from some other pics. And I added the cute little butterflies to brighten it up abit, coz it looks a bit dreary, don't you think so? And I decided to lighten up the place a bit by adding lighting effects to the lamp above. It looks better, doesn't it? ^v^

I admit this is not like my usual style, but heck, just wanted a change. Maybe my other headers were just too cheery for my own good. lol. Besides, I wanted a header that fit The Med vs Mad theme. hehe.

And don't you love the phrase abt medicine that I found?

Medicine - The only profession that labours incessantly to destroy the reason for its existence.

Hell cool, right? And it's ironically true in a way. We doctors are supposed to at first do no harm, then cure patients, then now we're supposed to teach the general public abt health measures to prevent them from getting sick - which in a way will destroy the reason for our existence, doesn't it? Weird.

And totally lurve the patch of fresh red blood tat I added to illustrate my point. I think I'm getting abit sadistic here. hehe. I also added the dark skull near the syringe to symbolize whatever evil substances that lie within. *evil laughter* And don't forget the "warning sign" that I put up to add in to the "creeps" factor.

And now to the two characters in it. I reckon the one with the syringe is kinda like a frankenstein-in-diguise-doctor or smtg. *thinks of Hannibal* :O Anyway, he is creepy with the weird mask. Hmm. I'm not sure what the victim is. He looks like a policeman running away in undies. haha sorry abt the undies but I didn't know what to do with it. *was thinking of painting the undies pink at first just to be funny, LMAO* And there are some weird tattos on his body too. Cult? Definitely gothic!! But then it's cheeky in a way too. :P

Last but not least, gave some texture to the whole header to achieve the old weathered paper look. I think this one is the most suitable out of the styles available since it's able to bring out the effect I want - that this pic is probably from some ancient sadistic painting or smtg. Cool, right?

So what are you waiting for? I want YOUR comments! =) Thanks!

5 comments:

AiLing said...

I was wondering how exactly do you put up all these colourful headers on your blog?

k0k s3n w4i said...

ooo... canvas filter... a personal fave of mine

It looks cool, esp the halfnaked policeman bloke. and love the quote!

It kinda clash with ur template tho... try rounding up the corners - make it look like ur sidebar corners.

Zzzyun said...

Ailing> Oh, once u have a pic ready made, then u go to layout in blogger, click on header, then just upload ur pic of choice! Voila! you're done.. hehe. it's so much easier now, compared to all the tinkering with html earlier. yay!

k0k> thks! glad that u liked it. after a few not so +ve comments. hehe i knew u'd love the quote! :P

hmm true, it kinda clashes. i've been trying to round up the corners as u suggested in photoshop, but to no avail so far. do u have any hints on how to do it? thks ya. *apparently still noob at photoshop blek*

mg said...

haha.. i left a commen at ur cbox but i'll leave a proper one.

i think much better than mine. ur PS skills.. =)

Zzzyun said...

michelleg> haha no lah. at least urs made from scratch so its totally original. mine is kinda like curi from here and there and a sort of patchwork. lol. so i give originality full points! =)