Saturday, August 13, 2005

Black Thursday

In reference to my title, this is the post that I'm going to write abt the "terrible incident" that happened that day...

Well, juz came home from college, anticipating an all night marathon to study damn bio *Refer past post* and was rummaging in my bag to find my cell phone 2 sms my fren. I continue rummaging... and rummaging *Apparently my bag has a lot of stuff in it...lol* and I couldn't believe my eyes...

I can't find my cell phone!! [It's quite new! Juz bought it a few weeks ago ah...!]

Thinking that it was confusion on my part, I continue rummaging.. Since on many occasions, I finally found it in the end.

However, today it was not to be.

Panicking, I threw my bag upside down, dumping all my contents on the bed, but to no avail, I JUZ CANT FIND IT!!

I was practically hyperventilating by then.. *Ok, I'm exaggerating*

I wanted to call my frenz in college to help search for it in college (I tot maybe I left in the empty lockers or the library la) but I couldn't since all my frenz numbers were in that phone...Finally had to resort to extreme measures...

Rushed to find my dad and asked him to rush me to college in a feeble attempt to find my phone... However, my dad wanna go 2 work d. So my mum said she will send.. Pessimist she was, she told me that it was wasted effort since anyone coming upon it, would have taken it away.. Me being an optimist harbour hope (that was dimming significantly, I must say with every second ticking past) that someone had not seen it hidden away in the dark recesses in the lockers...

Anyway, while my mum was speeding us towards college, I comtemplated my fate...I knew that the last time I was sure I had seen my phone was in da coll library [I used it to look at the time] well, I knew what my fate was: # If I am extremely lucky, I will find my phone returned to me by some rare samaritan and I dare say I'm an optimist?!) or # I will have to remain phoneless for a few more months or # resort to a lousy old beaten worn phone... Sigh. Doesn't sound good, eh?

Anyway when we reached coll, I sprinted to the lockers. Scared of what I will find there. I flung open the doors of all the empty lockers... to find...

Nothing. Empty.

My heart was thumping loudly. I went into the library, hoping against hope, and asked the librarian asking whether anyone has returned a lost phone... Phone? she asked, and shook her head. My heart was sinking so fast that I was sure that I could hear a resounding clunk when it hit the bottom...

Anyway, as a last resort, I went to the DSA to see if there was any hint of my phone in the Lost & Found unit...But I was fast losing hope... *See? I'm realistic too...* Well, to my eminent dismay, I received a shake of the head from the person in charge.. And if i'm not wrong, I think she gave me a sympathetic look too...Haih...

So I walked to my mum's car with my head down and my spirits was at all-time-low (a new record, even for me..lol) thinking that I was doomed without my phone... Oh no! So I went home, treated with a good dose of I-told-you-so's from my mum. Sigh. And I couldn't say anything... Coz I WAS in the wrong. I think my mum was kinda shocked that I didn't answer back for once *Yeah, unfilial child I am... O.o I'm so gonna burn in hell. lol.* Anyway, I think I was the one in shock...

Well, I dragged myself home, wondering how was I going to face up to the study marathon, knowing that I had juz lost my phone... I'm thinking, gone case la... Then, I went up to look in my bag again.. Juz trying to salvage any hope, ya know... Though I know there was none left...

Until...

I felt my bag (it's the type that is soft one, so can feel la) and i felt something squarish and hard in the almost same shape of my phone. My heart was racing, wondering: Could it be? And my hands were too rushed that I couldn't find the correct clasp. My mum helped to open it for me...

And to my amazement, I found my phone. [It was in another compartment that I rarely used. That's why I didn't think of looking there at first... Coz I had forgotten of its existence...] I grasped it with such a happiness that I tot it wasn't possible to feel so relieved... To think I almost lost it and all the numerous contacts' numbers in it! I would need a lot of work to get all those contacts' numbers again lo... Thank god!

Anyway, I'm thankful that I found my phone... So thankful! I must remind myself to be more careful in the future.. Actually I'm pretty careful with it most of the time. Except that tat day was exam ma... So a bit confused...lol...

So long...! Will write another post later, I think. Maybe abt the party I went to last night. Bye!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

tsk tsk tsk... like dat oso can.. so careless la u.. shud check properly nextime b4 askin mom to fetch ya.. lol.

Zzzyun said...

yalo...i kena marah like siao...but i tot i checked properly d ah..or i wouldn't want to bother her too...*huge sigh*

Anonymous said...

Luckily u didn't lose ur phone or else, tis coming Sun cn't hang out 2gether liao...

Zzzyun said...

can la..why not? i still got house phone rite? lol..can still contact me thru there...lalala...but i'd be heartbroken if i lost my pretty hp...sob*