Friday, August 12, 2005

A Summary of Doom

Prologue

Yay! I'm back! Long hiatus, yeah? I had to do my irritating + annoying trials ma!! Arrggh... Well, I think I did ok (ok only ah...omg) for all subjects except one!! Guess which? Bio! Damn bio... Actually I used to like this subject but it's became a burden when I opened my notes... to find so much that I haven't studied...! OMG!! There are a total of 4 chapters in a year... and before yesterday, I only studied like 1 chapter nia... *summore is a chapter that I had already studied for mid-year...

I know I know, I should study the chaps that I din study before... but when I opened chap 3 --> The Search 4 Better Health... It totally scared me that I din really feel like studying it...! Yeah, I know I’m an escapist... That's why I like Harry Potter so much la! lol..*

Anyway, now I'm so totally paying for it... The teacher set with questions that most ppl wouldn't think that'd come out... Meaning that he set Qs that was of not much importance... and... He totally din ask abt the immune response thingy! *I studied the whole night for it, ya know! Yalah, cannot escape forever. Had to study it in the end... and let me tell you: The immune system thing was damn complicated!! Why all the lecturers like this one? They all set Qs so different from past years one... and only this year damn hard leh... All the Qs!* I was thinking of giving a blow-by-blow account of it... Ok, here goes:

Monday --> Eng (3 papers)

I think it was ok. Though a bit rushed for time. I dunno what the ppl in charge of this exam are thinking. The time allocated is juz not enough... I mean 1 hour and 40 mins for a really diff comprehension that invigorates us abt the uses of eng language... and... a long essay abt the 5 texts we did in our course... Crazy! How to finish in time? Okie, moi did finish but it was juz in the nick of time... and normally moi have a lot of time to 'shake leg' during eng exam... Haih... Anyway that was still not so bad, paper 1...

Paper 2 was the worst... in terms of lack of time... 1 hour to write a long winded essay analyzing dialogue and a long long interview... 1 hour!! Really must be mad... I think the ppl who set this span of time must either be crazy or they can think & write at lightning speed! Whatever...

Paper 3 was the listening paper. Better compared to last time. The mid-year one, the Aussie accent was so thick that I couldn't catch much of what was happening except sumthing involving a talking kangaroo/roo! But this time although the accent was not so thick... but the Qs were kinda hard leh... and I tot I heard 'account manager' but the others insist is 'accountant' leh... Can it be considered the same?? Pls la... Dun think I will get hard marks for this paper... Oh no..! but I don't wanna talk abt it liao.. On to the next day!

Tuesday --> Physics

I think this paper was hard but I was not surprised. After doing the past years, I think this is the only paper that lives up to the past years *Meaning level of difficulty was not that different la... but IS hard la!* I have a feeling that of all my science subjects, this will confer me wif the higher marks.. I mean the others gone case liao la... Haih... Why am I so lazy? Anyway, I think it was ok-but-still-hard sort of way... Is there such a thing? Whatever. This one I’m satisfied with it. Next one leh? Let's move one..!

Wednesday --> Maths 2 units (i.e easier one)

Err.. 3 hour paper? 10 Qs..? Can do la! I got a lot of time to slowly do eh... but my frenz who were doing mathz 4 units [the hardest of all, which moi choose not to touch... Good choice, considering all things] weren't so lucky. They were in a mad rush to finish. I see their paper I will faint already la..! *Imitate faint* lol. I think this paper was ok... Satisfactory! But still harder than past year leh! Not fair! Why like this one? Some of the Qs were tricky man! But lucky that I finally tot of the solutions in the end... Phew. *Sigh of relief*

Thursday --> Chemistry & Maths 3 units

Well, I think it was still ok... Though there were a few Qs that I was not really sure. However, I'm not satisfied with it coz I had made a stupid error! I tot acetic acid is C2H5COOH but it is CH3COOH ahh!! Omg...! Such a stupid error! 3 marks bye-bye! For nothing some more...! Leela is going to scold me..! God! That day she juz scolded someone in class for it. How could I forget?? No wonder when I read C2H5COOH like a bit funny like that...!

Why din I think further? I'd have tot of it! Damn it..! First careless mistake! *Actually I think my frequency of careless mistakes had decreased significantly compared to my high sch years... so good lo...* Anyway, I think the Qs that I was sure, I was really sure... but the ones I dunno... I really dunno anything abt it! *Blank* God!! Let's juz say I'm not satisfied wif it and leave it at that ok? Arghh.

Mathz 3 units. I was kinda dreading it coz sir said that we'd not be able to finish it in time... 7 damn difficult Qs in 2 hours...! Well, I managed to finish it by racing wif time... but!..but! When I said I finished all, I meant I did until the last Qs, not do all! Coz I couldn’t do some of the harder Qs... Haih... Why did sir set so hard?? Again, another prime example that this year's papers are so much harder that past years!! So Unfair! *Gashing teeth* I skipped over a few Qs that I couldn't do. Din want to waste time on it. I think got quite a few leh... and especially the question abt induction one ahh. Dunno la. Why so strange one? Never seen such a Q before... Hmmm. Couldn't prove it...but awwks.. My smart fren also cannot do... What more me? [little me] Still, I was kinda satisfied with it in a strange kind of way...lol... Btw, something terrible happened today... but since it needs a lot of explanation, I'll talk abt in my next post... ok, next! And thk god the last!

Friday --> Biology [ I HATE it! with a fervour so passionate that it’d melt metal...]

Well, since I have make a long and passionate statement abt this stupid paper in the prologue of this long long post.. Well, I'll juz cut it short here. Hmmm. Can I say that I only slept for 1 hour the whole damn night?? Totally felt like dying. Almost bash my head into the wall coz feeling so frustrated *O.o~aggressive tendencies* I couldn’t wait for this paper to pass fast enough...! I was pretty much a zombie by then since I didn't really sleep much the past nights either...but that night was the worst...

See the dark circles under my eyes? *I normally dun have dark circles one even if I’m really sleepy... which just goes to show how seriously deprived of sleep I was...* Funnily now I feel really wide-awake and still got energy to type this long long post summore... haha...

Anyway, I think I can safely conclude that biology is not my favourite subject anymore... Out!! I mean I like learning abt bio stuff but studying for it is totally another thing altogether... OMG! I can also safely hazard a guess that bio will also be my worst subject in this series of trials... and what a way to go! [a bit paiseh, coz mid-year my bio was one of the highest. Now become so charm.. I feel really ashamed of myself.

The same goes for mathz 3 units. Although I dun feel ashamed about it la... coz I did do my best for that one...] *Sigh of relief coz end of terrible harrowing trials... and another sigh of regret coz I din prepare properly for it... Is anything new? The only time I really prepared for an exam was the spm... and look what I got... lol*

Epilogue

Gotta end this soon or it will be damn long already. Tonight going to a fren's party. Actually it is a surprise party thrown for her by her parents... So lucky! Her parents sound really liberal. Unlike 2 parents that I happen to know really well...lol... Anyway, I think the lecturers were plain cruel becoz:

  • They set papers that were different from past years in terms of level of difficulty and type of questions... Argghhh...

  • They on the air-conditioner so cold until that I swear that I would had turn to ice had I not bring in a jacket... and it was still SO very cold! My hands were practically freezing. My fren said her teeth was chattering lo... Dunno why they dun adjust the air-con... or maybe becoz it is a central air-con, so cannot be adjusted? *Brrrrzz* So chilly! Refer to lydia's post abt it, juz click here. And since I was not in my best health due to severe lack of sleep, I think that the chill did not contribute to my well-being... Arrgghh *Gashing my poor chattering teeth*

  • Let me tell u, staying awake to the wee hours of dawn to study a damn subject is totally not a pleasant enterprise that one should attempt to undertake... Desperately try to warm hands but rubbing them together but to no avail...*

Awwks... Enough with the mumble-jumbo... Gotta say tataz now! Will elaborate abt the 'terrible incident' on Thursday in the next post... Neways, will post this up later coz the stupid streamxy cannot work la... Alwayz no connection one... Damn!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Guess what, my Bio revision lasted less than 20 mins in total.

I did so much skipping in MX1 that if I were in a rope skipping tournament, I would have walked home with a trophy and broke a world record. You just see, sure fail again.

Thanks to Angeline's "sound advice" to do Paper 1 Section I first, then Section II, I ended up writting only 2-3 paragraphs for a 20 mark question. And thanks to my habit of writting oversized blogs, I spent too much time on the last question of Section I.

Its going to be a mass funeral when the semester break is over.

Zzzyun said...

hihi..i din know u read my blog.. *whose blog did u hop from? lol*
anyway...sounds like many ppl din do well rite? doesn't sound like a happy ending for me, this trials...*sigh*
do u have a blog? i'd like 2 read yours...*winks*
and btw, u really studied bio in so little time? omg..lol..
anyway, amen for our trials results..AMEN