Thursday, August 25, 2005

Die! Spyware! Die!

Wah... Nowadays spyware so clever d... Juz now tricked by my stupid cousin who assured me that this "block-checker" was perfectly safe or what da hell... So I downloaded it.. and God! Hell was unleashed ~exaggerating in progress~

Anyway, I dunno how useful the program is but I do know how annoying it is... Let me tell u now...

First, it got this really irritating feature... what tell-a-fren feature which makes it poppes up a stupid msg whenever i want TO chat with someone... it's damn irritating I tell you!! Really frustrated... Finally with the help of some frenz =computer pros= err, unlike me...i managed to kill the stupid spyware!!

Muahaha... Zy = spyware killer, err... Ok, amateur one... haha..

The second thing was it didn't work at all.... I entered my ID in to see whether anyone was blocking me but alas! It said I was offline leh... siao one! Must surely be a trick to get ppl to install it... Shoot!

Anyway, uninstalling it doesn't work... Argghh... It still appears... stupid! Guess I cant take the shortcut afterall... *sigh* Well, the main problem was putting my pc into safe mode... The way mz taught me didn't work wif my pc... So i went on9 to try find a solution... Thk god... There IS another way...

Juz Start> Run> type "msconfig"> Boot Inc> check SAFE MODE... then follow the instructions lo...

Something like type "regedit" into Run> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE> SOFTWARE> Microsoft> Windows> CurrentVersion> Run lo...

Hope you understand this... if not, forget it...haha...

Wah... I think I must brush up my pc skills leh... I used 2 think, okla, I'm not a really bad pc user... Juz normal la... Maybe I shld buy Pc skills for dummies lo....lol...

Anyway.. I guess that's all 4 now.. Juz wanna talk abt spyware-killing that's all... I kinda enjoyed it even though it wasted a lot of my time & effort.... It was a frustrating process but the outcome was great! I feel like I had learnt a little more abt pcs...

Go figure! =P

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

use ad-aware to wash it off.

it can be downloaded from lavasoft.

trial version,i guess....but that'll be good enuf

Anonymous said...

I use Spybot for the war against spyware. Its free (because its donation run, the war against spyware has enough support to start a militia.)

It has a useful feature that automatically block known threats (2384 of them so far).

You can download it from:
http://www.spybot.info/en/index.html

Good luck!

Zzzyun said...

thks ya guys...who invented spyware anyway? and what's the diff btw it and viruses??

Anonymous said...

Spyware is invented by people who care about their pockets more than anybody's privacy (except their own, perhaps)

Spyware usually have commercial goals, while viruses don't. Viruses are generally made by troublemakers, not $$$ minded crooks.

These crooks are smart enough to avoid getting sued too. They usually insert a clause that asks for permission in their End User License Agreement to install the offending spyware. They rely on the fact that most people don't read nor understand them.

There are others who are more "discreet", of course.

More info in:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spyware
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Computer_virus

May spyware programmers get their just "reward".

Zzzyun said...

oic...very informative...how do u get this stuff anyway?

Anonymous said...

what i noe is....when u install messenger plus,u gotta becareful of those ;-)

spybot?hmmm.....i'll try it out some day

Zzzyun said...

i downloaded it d...thks..spyware are so troublesome...and all these pop-ups and ads...argghhh...

Anonymous said...

You'll be surprised how much casual reading I do.

Zzzyun said...

casual reading? hmmm...not really casual at all la...~blek~