Friday, August 19, 2005

The Internet Addict ~ Me!!

Well, I wouldn't believe it if u told me months ago that I will become an internet addict... but here I'm. A true blue internet addict! *Seriously, I felt uneasy the few days when my computer was under repair... Ahhh!* It was not that long ago that I could go by with a few days spent without caressing my pretty keyboard... It wasn't so long ago.

Now, since I'm part of the instant-gratifying generation [well, that's what they say la], the internet has served a big purpose in my life. it has opened up new worlds of thought for me... For one, since I discovered instant-messaging (truth to be told, I used the yahoo one ages ago, but not many ppl were using it so I abandoned it in disgust) thru msn messenger, I learnt that I could discuss things, chit-chat wif frenz without the phone. It was a wondrous thing to me. and also an addictive force that kept me going back for more. and more...

Then came the second addictive thing--> Blogs. It was really damn addictive, man! I keep coming back to write more! and more...so here I'm! [I've alwiz lurve writing but blogging has provided me with a platform and an audience..] So syiok! *Lyd, you shouldn't have introduced it to me... but, awwks, I guess Ii'd have known sooner or later... I'm quite updated one... haha*

See? That's why I'm an internet addict!! O.o Thank god I managed to convince my dad (wif a little help from my bro and a 'pretty' phone bill..lol) to set up the streamxy 24 hours thingy...or else dunno how ade lo... =P

Ermm, my parents aren't too fond or thrilled abt me and my bro being too attached to the pc... But my bro went overboard! (Now, he uses the pc and eat at the same time... Siao la! He'll bring up his plate and eat it beside the computer... so crazy one!) I seriously think he's nutz...

I guess the real reason they arent happy is becoz it means we'll be spending less time wif them... but... but I din really spent a lot of time wif them at the start {Oops.. shldn't have revealed that...lol} I'm sure leong'd be pleased to hear this...since it totally proved him right [I think he was talking abt semiconductors or something... Can't rmb] ...but I wasn't like this months ago.. So there!

Never mind abt that... I juz think that this internet addiction of mine isn't really healthy...but what to do? wif all addictions, it is just as difficult to break the habit...unless I've something better to do, I guess I'll be surfing the net... Sigh... and alwiz kena marah la by my parents... They really aren't big fans of electronic entertainment equipment (I think can exclude TV la.. They like it pretty much themselves.. Juz dun like me using it... Hypocrites! Haha.. Most ppl are...!)

Well, gotta go now! Nothing much to say except that maybe I could try cutting down on my internet time when it's nearer to the examz lo... Best thing, for me and my family! More quality time wif them? Hmmm... Let me think abt it 1st... coz I dun wan to get scolded for nothing... haha...

Byeeee! ;P

No comments: