Friday, August 26, 2005

Independence...

...is a very important thing to most teenagers... of coz freedom comes with the package... and we all know everyone wants to be free, right? so true... ~nods vigorously~

Anyway, my fren told me today abt a fren... who totally have over-protective parents... I know I alwiz complained that my parents are like that too, but compared to hers, mine seem almost liberal... haha.. Omg!

Well, I was told that she can't make decisions on her own without consulting her Dad 1st... Even trivial matters like sometimes there are a few matters that need to be cleared up with lecturers but she apparently can't do it herself and will inform her parents abt everything so that they can come and talk to the lecturers abt it...

*Sigh* If it were up 2 me, I'd totally want to do it myself... I mean how old are we? (err, since we as ladies are not suppose to reveal our age publicly...what la? can say la... It's not like we got to lie abt age ma..well, not yet...)

Ok, the point is we're nearing 18 years old or for some, already 18 d and still we can't make some simple decisions by OURSELVES??

What the f*** is that abt? This ain't life... More like hell if u ask me...

Her parents are living her life for her I think.... This juz ain't right, man... To me, if u ain't living life for yourself, u might as well not live at all...

Besides one is going 2 suffer terribly if dunno anything abt the deep dark world outside... Now, we're still cocooned in our safe safe world... Wait until we are led out, we'll be little lost sheep with no direction...

Is this what we want? NO!

That's why I repeatedly tell my parents to let me go... I want to lead my life the way I want it..of coz if i do anything really wrong, they shld of coz try to help me...but they shld try to trust me to lead life with the principles they instilled in me intact.... oh, parents will be parents... but there is a limit right?

I think my parents are still ok [tentatively] but my fren's fren's parents really are too much la...can't elaborate too much here coz it'll be kinda rude if she happen to stumble upon this blog... Maybe not.. I mean her parents doesn't allow her to have internet access or Astro *Omg, is this the dark ages or something?* at home although they can afford it...

Apparently, he heard from someone that teens nowadays are glued to the PC (Oops, guilty as charged) so he din want that happening to his precious daughter therefore you know the whole story... I mean having internet access might have its cons but what abt the cons? You get to know abt a lot more things that you might have never known b4....so?

Whatever... I juz sincerely hope that when I become a parent *major BLEK* I'll give appropriate freedom to my kids so that it doesn't constrict their growing space... but they won't become too wild either...lol...

One thing I promised myself is to like their kind of music no matter what... My parents lived in the Rock & Roll era but they dun like rock music!!

What!! That's so painful 2 bear... so I'll try my best to be a super-cool mum... AND... a fren too!

Isn't that great?? But my frenz say i won't suceed...

{Yoda: pessimists they are. May the force be with you.}

I will try my best! Yes! You go gal! :P

No comments: