Friday, July 06, 2007

The Exam That Is Pseudo-Over

Due to the uncalled-for irresponsibility of a certain select few, what that had happened to the sem5s last week may very well be replayed in such a short period - onto us.

Yes, you got that right, people. We, the (in)famous M106 may have to resit the second day of our OSCE. =( Becoz a select few of people had brought in their phones into quarantine yesterday and had not handed it up until just before the exam is gonna start.

And tell you what, I absolutely do not look forward to resitting that paper, coz I absolutely DETEST the palpitations and extreme nervousness that will seize me just before the exams start.

No, I have tried calming myself down with deep breaths but it doesn't work. No, I didn't do very hot either that day (so-so only lah) but hell do I feel like resitting? NO!

This has brought a lot of inconvenience to the rest of us. Many of our plans are messed up just becoz you couldn't be bothered enough to take extra precautions. I think the ones worst affected are those that had already bought plane tickets to go home or somewhere else. All this is wasted time, effort and of coz money. My plans to move house are also kinda affected but I can still afford to be flexible. But I wanna go back and see my family sooner! I miss them! I haven't seen them in months, do you know? That's what I sacrificed for my exams.

I don't like to point fingers at anyone but sometimes you can't help but wonder that after the countless reminders being banged into our heads plus the example set by the sem5s recently, couldn't you be a bit more cautious? A few hours without your phone isn't gonna kill you. That's what the rest of us did, left our phones at home or in the car - just in case we forgot to give it up to the lecturers.

Being late and not hearing the lecturer's reminders is not a valid excuse. This is an important exam, you shouldn't be so late in the first place. There's a reason that they set the time so that they can let the earlier group out of quarantine. [pity them ah, quarantine so long]

Being "blur" is not exactly the best excuse either imo. We're gonna be future doctors, people's lives are gonna depend on us. Don't tell me in the future you're gonna tell your patient's family this.

"We could not save your father coz I'm so blur ah that I've accidentally given him the wrong medication and made him go into cardiac arrest. Sorry ya, blur." *insert goofy smile*

I know this is cliche but here goes:

With great power, come great responsibility.

We as doctors, are in a way, almost playing God. We have the ability to bring life to some of those who others thought were lost. This not something trivial that can be smoothed away by just a twirl of the hands.

Have you thought of that when you choose this profession? I'm sure many of us had. I feel sad for those that didn't.

Anyway, enough of ranting. And I thought that we're supposed to feel exhilarated now that the exam is pseudo-over. But I don't. (for obvious reasons)

I really just hope that we don't need to resit. Please! Take pity on us. The majority of us did nothing wrong. Please don't punish us for something we didn't do.

And I sincerely hope that if we really do resit, it's not gonna make any difference between whether I pass or fail. *major yikes!!*

Yesh, I didn't do so hot either for the other papers. I'm needing this OSCE to push me up. But more on that in another ranty post I assume.

Alright, signing off now. Still gonna enjoy myself although technically the exam is pseudo-over. Ciaoz.

PS: If you are offended by what you'd just read, pls don't be so defensive first and take time to think abt what I had wrote. Ask your heart honestly whether what I said is true. I'm sure (and hope) that you will see the light.

6 comments:

k0k s3n w4i said...

hmmm, new blog title!

and awesome header btw.

This is honestly the last thing I'd expect esp since Michelle's batch had to resit for the same reason...

some folks can be really really dumb

Zzzyun said...

ohh.. what u think of the blog title? it was just smtg i baked on the spot. so it might not exactly be catchy enough. hehe. any ideas?

thks. the header is still in progress. dont have time coz going out to play all the time, haha.

yeah i didn't expect the resit thingy to happen. and can u believe that my hits sky-rocketted today? it must be becoz of this post. i hope it's not too controversial. blek!

mg said...

hahah.. yea, how stupid can some ppl be!!! i mean like how can u give an excuse like being BLUR? WTH!

all the best!!

Zzzyun said...

yeah i dont understand that too. and we're supposed to be future doctors! *gasp*

such excuses are really nonsensical. lots of ppl are outraged by this incident. u shld def check out the m106 blog - havoc!

well thks. really hope that i pass. =)

shinann said...

sorry zi yun for causing all this inconvenience..i know even though it was a mistake, it is a humongous one and because of my fault, everyone has to suffer.
sorry everyone from m106..
i deserve to be scolded...
sorry.sorry.sorry.sorry.sorry.

Zzzyun said...

oh. well at least u have the courage to admit ur mistake. that's good.

well in the end, i guess we'll slowly concede to the fact tat we'll hvta resit the exam. yeah.