Sunday, July 09, 2006

Shedding Tears For A Friend

And he's gone.

Just like that. Away on the plane to a new place, to make new frenz (and hopefully not forget the old ones, okay, I am just kidding...)

Yes, Hwei Sung has left for UNIMAS last Wednesday. Early morning. He says he's not leaving for sure since he did finished his EOS before leaving and there's a chance he might he might come back if he's not happy with the new place.

But I doubt it.

Call me cynical or whatever but his parents will have to definitely pay A LOT more if he continues to study here... Besides, hoping for too much only leaves dashed hopes which I've learnt from experience, is painful. [That is also why I dare not hope for an A in my EOS, a pass is sufficient to make me happy. I've changed, haven't I?] But if he does come back in the end, I shall be very happy, of coz. ^o^

Anyway, it was a tearful farewell. We went to Steven's Corner for supper and talked. Then a big group of us stayed over at his house that night, I didn't sleep at all (crazy I know, considering the fact that I was sleepless the nights b4 exams)... He had to check in his flight around 6 smtg in the morning, and we all went in two cars to the airport around 5 smtg. Man, the journey there was crazy, coz Beh was worried that we couldn't make it in time, and Eugene was flooring the pedal all the way... Yikes!! :O

Luckily we arrived all in one piece.. *phew* The guy of the hour checked in his flight while we hung around taking photos and all the works lah. We had breakfast in Mcd coz that's the cheapest place lah.

But time wouldn't stand still. Soon, it was time to say our goodbyes. We didn't want him to go... but it's for the best, I guess.

My lacrimal gland was working overtime but I let the tears go its normal course (as in into the nasolacrimal duct) and not spill out over the face.. Unfortunately, it did spill out in the end, but only after sometime he left.. *sigh* [Okay, maybe that was under the funny/lame category. -_-]

Saying goodbye is always hard. Especially with close frenz. I can't believe how fond I've gotten of him. And to think there's a good chance I might never see him again in this life? *sobs* Okay, maybe that was a bit dramatic and emo... lol.

Well, I think the frenz that I made in uni are the ones that I've really gotten close to in a short period of time. Well, when one is alone in dark ugly KL, who are the ones we depend on? Friends of coz. [Don't worry, I still love you all, my old frenz! :P]

But to me, it's amazing. In just the short time of four months, I've made so many close and good frenz. (I am blessed. I wanna start appreciating more the small things in life. I wanna thank whoever-is-it for blessing me, to let me wake up another day. For giving me the strength to walk and feel the warm sunlight on my face. I guess this is contentment. Or self-actualization? Haha..)

Anyway, Hwei Sung is like that too. He came from Sarawak alone to the concrete jungle of KL, but he left as a guy with tons of frenz. Frenz he made just being his own unassuming self. The guy with the great singing voice, comparable to JJ Lim.. :D

But we really start missing him already. Beh thinks of him whenever he hears songs they used to sing in redbox. Yesterday, I suddenly thought of him when I saw a guy wearing a cap like he used to. *sigh sigh*

Okay, I'll stop emo-ing here. Still, I know in our hearts, we just wish him all the best in everything he does. And yes, there is such a thing as frenz forever. Surprisingly, smtg that I that never really believed in before. This year does hold many changes for me. I really should stop being so cynical. It seems unhealthy. Ha.

Well, we'll of coz welcome you back into our lives, if you should decide to come back, Hwei Sung.

Good luck and all the best! Do come back and visit us all if you happen to come by... (You still haven't gotten your stethoscope! lol.)

We miss you lots. (^o^)v

No comments: