Thursday, June 08, 2006

Top 5 Easy-To-Cook Foods

Hello~ Can sense that I'm in a good mood, right? :P Must be those feel-good endorphins.. Do you know that chocolate promotes their release in the brain? No wonder I am so chocolate-holic. Hehe.

Anyway, today I'll start a cooking class write a post about food. Specifically, the Top 5 Easy Foods that one can cook using a ricecooker only (coz that's about all the equipment that I've for now, sadly), well, if you can count that as cooking, that is. :P

  • Spaghetti complete with ready made Prego Sauce from the bottle! :D Delicious, but a bit troublesome as one may need to keep changing the ricecooker container to cook the spaghetti and sauce separately. This one is up to you to improvise, can throw in chicken cubes, eggs etc. I like to do different things each time. Hehe.

  • Porridge. With all sorts of combinations again. Chicken/fish/tuna/veggie porridge. Up to you lah. But take care of the amount of water used to cook, or might be too watery or the opposite. As again, experiment! :D

  • Chicken rice. Easy. Cook the rice, halfway, just throw in the chicken. Add margarine or butter to the rice for the nice smell~~ Yum.

  • All sorts of stews and soups. Good if you miss home-cooked food. I do. [Funnily, I can rmb complaining about mum's cooking long ago, but don't all we? :P]

  • And the last and currently my fav. Mushroom soup from Campbell plus some interesting additions. Add in instant noodles, chicken, eggs, lettuces, (other veggies also ok) and voila, an interesting and delicious meal! :D Don't forget to add more water than normal if you're adding noodles, since you might need to compensate for the water lost when the noodles releases its proteins in the soup, or you will get a rather salty and condense soup.

Easy to cook, right? Hope you enjoy cooking and of coz, eating! Hehe. Can't wait to do more "advanced" cooking when I move next sem. XD

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Desperation is the mother of innovation?

Hehe... I'd like to share mine too.

Cook rice as you normally would.

Break some eggs into a bowl. Add soy sauce, salt, spring onions, onion oil.... ect. Whatever you like. Mix.

When the rice is cook, quickly pour in the contents of the bowl into the rice. Becareful when removing the lid of the rice cooker, the steam coming our can cause some pretty nasty burns.

Mix the contents of the rice cooker, the heat of the rice will cook the egg.

Serve and enjoy.

Zzzyun said...

Hmm.. Shld I try that? lol.

But i'd guess that the contents would get stuck to the pot if one is not careful.. But why would u need to do that?

You have the blessing of penang food leh...

Anonymous said...

No problems about stickyness here. I didn't do that though, my mom did and I liked the results.

Anonymous said...

Hey there. BOTH of u guys have Malaysian food within reach!! And i'm stuck with improvising cooking techniques...hehe. Well, over here, they have the lovely and simple instant pasta! (My saviour during exam weeks..hehe). Just pour in a glass of fresh milk, a glass of water, let it boil...then add in the pasta of ur choice...and watever stuff u wanna add...mushrooms, vege, etc..and..ta-da!! Instant pasta. Hehehehehe...instant food is now a part of my life...cant live without them! ;)

Zzzyun said...

Haha.. KL food is not the same as penang food... I am so goona gorge myself on pg food when i go back home to that gorgeous lil island!! :D

and yes, I seem to be eating ALOT of instant food recently... Hmm. Not very good for health. O.o