Sunday, February 12, 2006

Church-goer? Omg.

Hmm. Can you believe this? I went to church yesterday.

Yes, me the agnostic!! (Oh, fickle-minded me has decided to change my status to being an agnostic or a freethinker. No more being an atheist ade!! Sorry, women are just so fickle-minded I guess. :P)

Anyway, no fear. I didn't go to church to pray or embrace the religion [Not yet la]. I went there becoz one of my best friends, xinyu invited me. And it was going to be the last time I'm going to see her before I go to KL lo... So you know la. Nostalgic, right? :D

Well, I went to her house during noon, chatted with her for like 3 hours (!) before going over to her church to help prepare stuff.

I must say, I'm in for a hard time, coz I finally noticed how lacking in culinary skills I'm O.o so I guess this year, I'll try my best to polish up my culinary skills lo. No, I'm not talking about cooking instant mee. -_-

Nevermind my ramblings.

Anyway, after some chopping [which I chipped one of my nails - OMG], scrubbing, and slicing, we're done. We did finish up quickly. So I guess that many cooks might spoil the broth, but many helpers makes one smashing bbq. Haha. (Oh, forgot to mention, the church's youth were holding their annual bbq.) I did learn smtg new about cooking I guess. *Shrugs* Slicing meat is an art! :P

After that, we relaxed a bit, since we've finished early, while my fren, who is the pianist, played some songs. I must say, gospel songs's melodies are pretty nice! :D They even have tamborines, a guitar and a bango. Cool!

Then, it was time to begin. Erm, I must say, I did feel a tad uncomfortable when they started singing gospel songs. Coz however open-minded I was, I was still at large an agnostic - this they did not know of coz. Except my fren la. She has been trying to convert me for ages lo. No good, girl, you gotta try harder! :P

Well, I did pretended to mumble the words lo - as respect la - clapping of hands is ok though. I survived the 1st hurdle! Yayz for me! :D

Then, it was time for the ice-breaking session. First we're supposed to intro ourselves. *No sweat though my name is kinda hard to pronounce for some - dunno why*. And the game involves rmb-ing ppl's names lo. I think we must have intro-ed ourselves like 3 times?! Crazy. Haha.

Then, it was time for this man to give us a "message". Dunno lah... Anyway, I tot he was humourous but some of the stuff included things from the bible. He was talking about dogs, saying that dogs are known as unclean animals in the bible (Huh?!), but the irony is that he has a dog at home. I knew, becoz he brought his poodle along too. Cute little thing, brought along in a bag.

So, the message sounded strange to my ears lo. And later when we're asked to give thanks for the food, I also felt weird too. But nvm la. New situations ma.

Finally, it was time for bbq lo. I really like the marshmallows! Bbq-ones are the best. :D Sweet~ Then there was the obligatory stuff lo, like sausages, sweet potatoes, chicken and blah blah blah. I was pretty full when I was done. Btw, I helped made the kinokuniya jelly too. Hehe. And cut the fruits too.

After the bbq, it was time for games. Unfortunately, since I was waiting for a ride with someone, and they're going home ade, so off I went. But it was really a nice day - minus the weird + uncomfortable time before the bbq la. It was nice meeting new frenz btw!

Oh ya, suddenly rmb-ed. They gave us this pamphlet b4 we went off. And it consisted of a few Qs. There was one Q I was paiseh to answer but I just had too. It was smtg like this:-

Would you like to sign up for the weekly sessions at our church at said time?

Erm, no becoz, firstly, I'm leaving penang soon (xy, tell them this very good reason :P), and sorry, I'm still sticking to being a freethinker/agnostic for now.

You know what? I think I shld form my own religion. Haha. J/k. Moi is too busy. :D

Ok, done. Btw, my legs hurt a lot from standing for almost the whole day. Arrgh. What a lazy pair of legs I have. lol.


PS:- Since we are on the subject of God and religion, do check this out. It's funny and I think I'm going to die laughing... Hahaha.

No comments: