Thursday, February 09, 2006

Gaming In Progress

Managed to pull myself out of bed, but felt dead sleepy. Hey, I slept around 2 smtg last night, okay? [Haven't been sleeping much recently btw.]

Nvm, I won't bore you with my sleep patterns. Hehe.

Well, today I'll talk about the new game I just bought. A few days ago, my dad asked me & my bro to go into this dvd shop to look for new dvds la. Finally bought The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch & The Wardrobe (finally!)... Yes, I know, kinda outdated but they keep saying it was blur la and blah blah blah. Ish.

Anyway, finally watched it and I tot it was pretty cool. I'm happy that they keep on with the spirit of the book, smtg that directors of films have been abandoning of lately. But let's not go there.

I was talking about a game right, not a movie. When I was browsing in the dvd shop, I noticed that they sell games for PS2 too!! Cool. I wasn't really intent on buying a new PS2 game (since I'm leaving soon and all *Cue to take out tissue*) but when I was nonchantly flipping thru the racks, I saw this game that I've been looking for like soooo long that I've practically given up.

Its title was:- Beyond Good & Evil. Pretty cool the whole game. I first came to know of it thru a review in a magazine [I think] which gave it a totally flaming review, which in turn made me had to get the game. See? The power of reviews. :D

Anyway, I'm happy to report that the game did not disappoint. The storyline is really original (not a rehash version of whatever), and the new skills learnt are cool. Playing a reporter leh, with snapping photos part of the objectives makes it so so cool!! Other games all killing one, no fun.

I think my fav gaming genre is the adventure + action one, which of coz can bring on A LOT of headaches if you're stuck somewhere, unable to move on to the next level. But thanks to this site, all my problems are solved!! :D So do go get it if you're into this sort of thing.

There is one thing I must mention though. Besides the graphics being really nice, I really like one cool feature in this game, it becomes slow-motion when you do a specific action (think of the movie: The Matrix) which makes it sooo uber cool!! :P

I vow to finish this game before I leave for KL. :D Haha. So, I shldn't waste so much time blogging leh... Ok, come on, bring out the PS2!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Actually, there's a PC version for this game. But considering its a 2 (almost 3) year old game, good luck finding it.

I haven't seen it btw, because I wasn't looking :p

It does seem interesting btw

Zzzyun said...

I'm sick of pc games. Not only they take up lots of space, the installing process is such a diff process...

Need to get a good disc la, need to crack la (which I ALWAYS forget how to afterwards) and bla blah...

You really shld go get this game. Photo-taking shld be right up your alley. It's a game that makes u use ur brain too. :P