Friday, February 10, 2006

An Early Morning

Hmm. Just a bland update on my life, okay? Today, I totally forced myself to wake up at 8am (again!!) through the sheer force of will against my innate instinct to fall back and sleep again. Sigh.

Anyway, went out with dad becoz we're supposed to go visit a patient of his who gave us angpows every year. (This year she gave me extra large one!! :D) Yes, we sometimes get angpows without knowing who gave us them.

But my dad had a few errands to run before heading to our destination. First, he went to the bank while I waited slept in the car. Yes, I was so tired that I really almost fell asleep. *Concrete evidence that I'm totally fatigued :P*

Then, we went to the columbarium (click for meaning) to pray to my paternal grandfather who passed away 6 years ago. Can you believe it: he passed away not only on the day before my birthday, but also on the day I was having my UPSR?? Aikz. :( Well, just "talked" to him a little bit and "told" him that I was going to KL for my studies and all lo. You know, stuff lah.

Note: Currently using more -lahs coz a certain someone tot that I didn't sound like someone chinese-ed without it. *Shrugs*

Ok, back. Anyway, there was this man who asked Qs like:-

  1. Coming here to pray ah? [Unison duh pls!]

  2. You just came here sometime ago, right? [No, we didn't. Unless we have identical twins we didn't know about. But I don't think so.]

  3. Better to come and pray now before starting work, right? [Technically I'm not working - ok I'm not - but my dad is working ade leh.]

  4. This is not a Q but an action. He gave me a plate to put the oranges. Which me being the cynic I'm (morphing in progress), wondered why he was so nice. Haha. Of coz he wanted money for his "hard work" la.

  5. When we're going home, he hinted us to give him money when he asked whether we put the plate back in place. But my dad didn't give him any coz he didn't ask for it outright, so his problem lah! :P

After that, we're finally off to see the old lady. She wasn't exactly what I expected. I tot she was going to be a boring old drone but she turned out to be full of interesting stories. :D I enjoyed her company very much. Which is quite an achievement when you're talking to someone many many years your senior, who also talked a lot about her ailments. But nvm abt that lah.

Anyway, after a few interesting but sad stories, suddenly a neighbour appeared and asked my dad to go and see his wife who was ill. Fractured her hip (I think) and was dizzy too. My dad reassured her that it was normal and it was a common symptom associated with her illness. I guess this is a big part of a doctor's job *Taking mental notes*. I meant, reassuring patients when there is no need to worry of coz lah!

Well, my dad didn't want to take any money (coz he didn't do much) but the husband insisted on giving me an angpow which I had to take after some intially refusing. You know, chinese etiquette and yadda yadda. Haha.

So there goes my (early) morning. But it wasn't that bad after all lah. Could be much worse. Yay, maybe I'm morphing into a optimist ade! Yeah! :D

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Currently using more -lahs coz a certain someone tot that I didn't sound like someone chinese-ed without it." ahem, ok, i take back my words. being chinese-ed doesn't mean u hv to condescend to using manglish.

on the third last paragraph: a doctor-to-be learning the trade from her father. how nice. juz b sure u dun charge me when i pay u a visit at ur clinic one day... when i'm an ah phek with backache ;P

Zzzyun said...

Haha. Precisely my point. I can do manglish (with tone and all) quite nicely too... :P

I won't overcharge you lah...but maybe i wont even recognized you when you're an old phek lo...lol...