Monday, February 13, 2006

Shoes + Housemates + Stats

Right, update about what happened last night.

Well, my family and I went to Prangin Mall to get my watch repaired [clasp was loose] and to search for a pair of shoes suitable enough for uni but not too gross (Read: Old-fashioned) for my taste.

We walked around a lot, going into all the shoes shops, and looked at many shoes too. My mum keep showing me these really old-fashioned-looking, leather strapy shoes, which I so did not want. They're really expensive too. Why pay so much for a pair of shoes that I didn't like anyway, right? :D

Anyhow, while scuttling around the mall, my phone kept ringing. Apparently, there was another potential candidate for my other housemate. Oh! But we're in the end surprised that it turned out to be a guy from pharmacy. Guy, ok! I mean we stated very clearly in the list that we wanted a female student as a housemate but he came anyhow. Weird.

But in the end, we relented. My mum said a guy shld be okla. Might be a good handyman around the house, you know and stuff.

What I really tot was: Who knows? He might be scared of cockroaches for all I know. (No, it's just a guess that I hazarded). Then moi might have to take up the role of Cockroach Killer lo. :( I'm ok with small ones, but bigger ones are so diff to catch. They move too fast.

Oops, how did I digress to cockroaches? lol.

Oh ya, so after A LOT of haggling, it was set. I must say, they (he and his family) seemed quite fussy leh. Was talking like a lot on the phone - using MY credit too! - about the condition of the floor/house and blah blah. I didn't hear much thanks to the very loud speakers in the mall. But I think his mum kept on talking yadda yadda. She kept on going on the condition of the floor, and I was like, Hello? I'm not the person who owns the house, okay?! Arrgh. *Pulls Hair* Damn frustrating, you know!! :(

But in end, they relented to the original price. I think it was becoz they had no other option. You see, he was in pharmacy right and they were starting today leh!! OMG. How can they procastinate till such an extent to leave finding your accomodation till the very last day!! So if they cannot find, is he going to sleep on the road? lol.

But whatever. None of my business. I'm just glad that we finally rented the 3rd room out and that means an extra RM150 to spend every month!! Wee~ Shopping!

I hope that this guy will turn out to be okay. Helpful, gentlemanly and everything? :D Btw, if you ask me, staying under the same eaves with a guy who is not your family is pretty troublesome. There are so many don't-s. But since this blog is rather public, not listing any here. Use your imagination. :P

Anyway, back to the shopping. This is what I finally bought.

Nice, aint it? ;D Not too old-fashioned but suitable for uni too! It was really comfortable by the way - Crocodile brand. I just lurve it~!

Yayz, finally got my shoes ready. I think I've 5 pairs of shoes to bring leh. lol. Women and shoes. It's a mutual relationship. :P

On a slightly related note, my readership is really jumping up in numbers. Let me show you. Statistics from my sitemeter's report.


The number of visits

The number of page views

Don't ask me what's the difference between either. Not sure myself. All I know is I seem to have a lot of phantom readers leh... Will you all kindly concede to comment a little? Or post smtg in the tagboard denoting your mighty presence? Thank you, thank you. :D

Ok, that's all for now.

Countdown:- Leaving penang in 4 days. Sigh, overwhelmed by nostalgia lah. :'(

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wah, better becareful. Take up martial arts or something to discourage any silly ideas.

Hint:
In event on an emergency, hit as hard as possible:

-Eyes

-Temples

-Nose

-Neck (Warning: potentially lethal if the "Adam's Apple" fractures and emergency treatment not available. Treatment involves cutting open the neck and inserting a breathing tube if I'm not mistaken. You can try to break the spine but that's not likely to work)

-Chest, right under the breast bone. It is advisable to use and upward thrust here, so you'd get the diaphragm too. Otherwise, his solar plexus (which is in the same general area) is a good target :p

-The "Family Jewels". Very obvious target.

If he grabs your hands... well, dunno how to describe what to do here. Take care.

PS:
Best weapon against corkroaches is a rolled up newspaper. Ironically, they're known to survive nuclear explosions. lol

Oh ya, congrats on your blog's rising popularity

Zzzyun said...

Haha.. Thx for the many tips! It might come in handy sometime leh...

though from the next post, you shld know that he moved out ade leh. :O

I'm sure this blog's rising popularity is not going to soar any further afta I start my studies. It's going to go stale leh. What a pity....