Wednesday, September 07, 2005

:: Votes 4 Women ::

Watched this great movie --> Iron Jawed Angels. It's about the womens' movement in america during the 1920's where they fight for the right for women to vote. I think it's totally a great movie since it's based on actual history and the director opted for a character-driven movie.

Woo! And to think some women nowadays don't vote when they have the right to... Sigh.. The battle they had to endure was pretty grueling... You'll know what I mean after you've seen the movie.

I mean one of the women was even force-fed when she refused to eat. Omg! And you call this freedom!! They're also thrown into jail for crimes they did not commit *obstructing traffic? preposterous!* and the fact that the others were willing to starve, endure the bitter cold and the boiling (stupid) anger of men [that couldn't accept the obvious fact that men and women are equals] to stand up for their beliefs.

~For this, I salute them. Call me a feminist if you will but even now, we're not treated as equals yet. I pray fevently for that day.~

Click here and here for the diff synopsis... I think this movie is juz briliant... Now if only we could learn history this way, it'd totally be more interesting... =P

Btw, on a lighter note, I came home from coll at 12pm! Wanted to go out with frenz at 1st but no transport home leh... Ah what to do? Oh, for another day...

Ok, bye for now!

PS:: I juz wonder how many ppl read my blog without my knowledge... Omg! It somehow makes my blog seem less private now, ya know... *sigh*

Hey! Those reading this! Mind leaving me a comment telling me who you are?? [I feel like knowing who's reading my blog wo... :P]

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha...since u asked...i'm ellen...i don't really read ur blog frequently...i'm a friend of lydia's.

Zzzyun said...

ooo...thx...=P nice to meet u...^_^

Anonymous said...

haha...we can't actually "meet" =D but nice to 'meet' u too!! =P

Zzzyun said...

lol...maybe lydia could introduced us formally...haha...=P

Anonymous said...

I read your blog~~

But I guess you already know, so didn't post this until now (because I'm bored), hehe