Wednesday, May 03, 2006

False First Impressions

First impressions are always important. (Superficial but true~) But you won't believe what sort of first impressions I gave to other ppl when I first came here. Accounts were rather varied and definitely different from the ones I heard before.

Ok, I didn't know that I looked like I have mixed parentage or something before I came here. [Or maybe becoz no one mention that to me?] But apparently, that's what some ppl think. A few only la..

So what were the false impressions that ppl supposedly have of moi?

  1. Hmm. Someone asked me whether I've Arabic blood in me. :O OMG. This is damn funny..and a bit unbelivable? But sadly, nope.

  2. Another commented that I looked like a fair-skinned Filipino when we were talking about mixed parentages.. Huh?! Oh my~ *Faints*

  3. And I'm not done yet.. There was another person who said I looked like an Eurasian. (!!) [Sadly, I've run out of ways to express my surprise.]

  4. Haha. Due to my *cough cough* not-bad level of fluency in English, ppl are VERY surprised when they get to know that I'm chinese-educated... Which means they don't think very highly of the level of english of Chinese-ed ppl la. Which in turn I gotta admit, is kinda true. I'm just an exception. lol. But my chinese sucks anyway.

  5. Apparently, my chinese name is kinda hard to pronounce (and remember). I tell you, there was this instant, this guy tot my name was Zeus [as in the Greek God] and his face was damn surprised okayyy!! *Cue for wild laughter pls*

Okla, so far these are the weird perceptions of me that I've known so far, besides the usual one, which is I'm damn sarcastic. Aikz, that doesn't change. Haha.

Btw, before I go, let me reiterate, I'm pure chinese la... erm, I think. But truthfully, my mom said that I've some Thai blood in me through my great-great-great...grandmother. But then, Thai doesn't equal to Arabic/Filipino/Caucasian...

Hmm. This is kinda strange.

But hey, ppl who are mixed parentage look exotic = Hot! Woot~ lol.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol, same case with you here (refering to #4)

A few weeks ago, a few people had a shock when they found out I'm Chinese educated too.

That includes our beloved Angeline and Lydia, XD

Zzzyun said...

What? I didnt know that Angeline was chinese-ed leh!! U're refering to our ENG lecturer in inti right?

Wow.

Haha, I guess ppl will always be surprised that some chinese-ed ppl CAN be fluent in English. *sigh*

Anonymous said...

No no...

I meant I surprised them, not the other way round. My life is sadly lacking in surprises :p

Angeline (Yes, that Angeline) Chinese-ed? I'd get a heart attack! lol