Saturday, May 06, 2006

It Takes All Kinds To Present A Lecture

Haha. The way I'm blogging now is slowly changing. Notice anything NEW recently, anyone? I have started using capital letters/upper case when I want to stress on something. And I have also started using this too when writing my notes.

I think this is most probably due to the influence of one of my lecturers... His notes are..erm..one of a kind. Not only most of the words are in CAPITAL LETTERS but he also goes on sentence by sentence without PUNCTUATION. Yes, that makes it rather difficult to read, right? Especially with the abbreviations that sometimes have you scratching your head wondering what they means. Lol.

But seriously, me and my batchmates are considered lucky already coz he did slightly modified our notes, making it slightly easier to read, compared to the previous sems'. Whenever I looked at my senior's notes, my eyes will surely become like this --> @_@ Hahaha...

Different lecturers sure have different styles alrite.

Besides the one mentioned above, [no names mentioned okay~], there are:

  • lecturers who speak in unintelligible accents/slangs *Blank look before falling asleep in lecture*,

  • lecturers who have totally weird pronounciations (letting you wonder for some time what he is referring to before the truth dawns on you and you go 'ohhhh'),

  • lecturers who give notes out VERY late or don't give at all *Groans*,

  • or lecturers who joke a lot making the lecture interesting and all but then you find out in the end that the lectures are totally content-deprived etc etc.

Of coz, generally there are quite a few good lecturers here, though they do have their very own quirks sometimes.. But I think once one gets used to it, everything should be fine and dandy... :D

Since it takes all kinds to make a world, I guess the title of this post totally makes sense then. :P

On a partially related note, something weird happened to me last last Thursday. [Wait, don't weird things ALWAYS happen to me? Aikz.] Those who had heard this little tale bear with me pls, or stop reading if you like, impatient ppl~ Tsk tsk.

Anyway, me and Vun Heng were walking home after a rather late session of akido - had to practically 'force' him to walk me home, lazy guy, haha - and we were in the carpark walking, I was helping him to hold his boken (wooden sword) as he was carrying lots of stuff.

There we were walking and talking...

Suddenly, I saw his head swiveled to smtg behind me, and as human nature dictated, I also turned my head to look at what thing that fascinated him so much. But I never got a really good look...

...when suddenly two hands clamped onto me from behind, wrapping them around my neck. Strangely, I wasn't really frightened or anything. Probably because I figured it was one of the aikido guys playing a prank on me or smtg, coz if it was a would-be-molester/rapist, probably Vun Heng would have whacked him on the head or smtg. *Wistful look* Well... I hope. *Gulps*

Anyway, can you imagine my horror, when I turned around to face my 'attacker', it wasn't one of the guys after all!! Heyyyy, it wasn't even anyone I remotely know! :O But Vun Heng seemed to know him though, so I tot it was probably some weirded our batchmate of his who have a penchant of tip-toeing onto ppl and grabbing their necks. He was lucky that I didn't hit him with the boken. Ha.

Well, at least he quickly released me after that. He joked smtg about that although I went to self-defense classes, I wasn't alert enough to defense myself then, especially when I was holding the boken too.. Well, I don't usually hit ppl as I don't have violent tendencies. [Erm...Riiight...]

Then, he said it was lucky that I didn't hit him anyway, since he probably would have suffered another myocardial infarction (Read: Heart Attack). Ha. Lucky for him. -_-

After he went off, then only I asked Vun Heng who the hell was he. It turned out that he was NOT a batchmate, and also NOT a student..!!

He was... *drum roll pls* a LECTURER!! O_o Yes, I can imagine your shocked faces... Pardon me but isn't that smtg rather un-lecturer-like?

Now, if I have been a little more timid/tense sort of person, probably I would have been scared to death and (1) freeze & start hyperventilating or (2) start hitting him frantically with the boken...

And no.2 definitely isn't good for his (poor) health. Tsk tsk.

Sigh, strange things always happen to me.

Oh well, although sometimes it isn't fun, but I guess it does spices up my mundane life. Lol. :D

No comments: