Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Poster + Patient-Interview + Flamed

I know, I know, I totally shld be blogging about Broga Camp, but patience pls~~ I got other stuff to talk about first..

Hmmm. See the picture below? This was what I decided to use as the background for the Chinese Chess Poster that I'm in charge of. Isn't it so eerily cool?

I wanted to post the whole poster up, but apparently there's smtg wrong with the program and it can't be posted up. Sorry guys! I can't believe it but I took only like about 3 hours (and minus some time messing around MS word and Powerpoint) to finish it!! So fast, right? Yayz!

Okay, after gushing about my poster-making skills (hehe), I'd like to tell you guys how my patient-interview thing went!

I just finished it and for once, it went pretty alright!! Woot~ *I guess I'm pessimistic in a way sometimes...*

Anyway, my SP was a 55 year old Indian man working as a driver. He had stomachache, fever, headache and fever.. (Wah, so many symptoms at once!! *Faints*)

Was halfway thru the interview b4 yeeyoon who was filming, told me that she didn't record it! [Oh no!] So had to redo it, and it felt a bit weird going thru the same thing again... But it's alright, dear, I'm not blaming you, at least you noticed it halfway, definitely better than not filming it at all... Haha, so no worries~! :D

Anyway, I went thru the whole process of >> Onset, Cause, Problems, Worries << with the SP lo... Pretty run-of-the-mill stuff actually. Haha, I'm kinda starting to feel robotic already [A big No-no], although it's my 1st time. Probably becoz I've practiced it a few times with frenz..

And imho, I tot my small talk a.k.a. chit-chatting felt a bit stilted.. *Mused look* Oh, well.. Practice makes perfect, I guess, so I must practice more! lalala...

-----------------------------------------------------

Aikz, was chased out of the comp lab by the same cranky lady who teaches pharmacy students... Especially when ppl have the semangat to blog. Tsk tsk.

What was I saying ade?

Oh ya, just watched the video of myself interviewing the patient. Damn funny lah!! :D I feel like totally LOL when I looked at the video... Aikz. I looked soooo funny and the things I said was so weird okay..! Well, that's why I think lah, seriously. Hehe.

Anyway, the feedback by the SP was pretty encouraging though. He said I did rather well, and that was how it was supposed to be done. *Kembang* Applause pls~! Ok ok, J/k.. :P

Well, he gave me a pretty good feedback and I feel that for once, I'm doing smtg right for the 1st time. Definitely a new experience... :D

Well, my video review session had been changed to tmr so I'll hvta do 2 interviews first b4 I can have them reviewed by my tutor lah... Tmr will be my 2nd patient-interview and I don't feel so nervous anymore... Yayz for me!

Oh, b4 I go, just wanna tell you guys smtg. I commented at this guy's blog sometime ago and I totally got flamed! *Sigh* It's an article about doctors and trust, so, fellow colleagues, pls do read it and tell me what you think about it, okay? Thanks! Click here for the link.

At first, I was pretty riled up by what some of the ppl said, but no point arguing with them lah... Besides, they do have a point, I guess. Hehe... I'm learning how to take constructive crictism! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

First Aikido, then hip hop, now chinese chess. Wow, supergirl! =X

Relax dear... or you might burn out.

Hmm... I happen to be working on the design of a certificate and a streamer (work on the latter has yet to be started).

Anyway, I'd suggest Adobe InDesign CS2, Photoshop CS2, and probably ImageReady CS2. Problem is: none of them are user friendly :(

Zzzyun said...

*Sigh* I still have other ECA, you know...

I'm feeling a bit tired actually.. :| Prob shld cut down a bit.. Aikz...

Anyway, I've already finished the design of the poster, the old fashioned way. MS Word! Haha. Weird, I know, but as long as it works, fine! :D